    want to pay any more than £20.00 a month for the service, if possible.

    Any help with this would be very much appreciated,

    Thanks in advance - Den.
    Den, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Den

    Hamman Guest

    "Den" <> wrote in message
    news:cc44ho$lcv$...
    > Hello All - I am after a bit of advice from people who have experience

    with
    > a broadband connection.
    >
    > I am currently on a dial up connection with Wanadoo anytime. I am going to
    > take the plunge and upgrade to a broadband connection, and I would like to
    > know of a reliable service provider. I am in the UK, and I do not really
    > want to pay any more than £20.00 a month for the service, if possible.
    >
    > Any help with this would be very much appreciated,
    >
    > Thanks in advance - Den.

    If youre looking at ADSL instead of Cable, go to www.adslguide.org.uk

    ISP's to watch out for:

    Eclipse
    Nildram
    Zen
    PlusNet

    hamman
    Hamman, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Den

    Vic Guest

    I use NTL 150kbs and it is very little trouble in my area (Gt Manchester)
    It costs £17.99 per month. It is fast enough for anything I want.
    At the moment you can get it at half price for the first 3 months and maybe
    free installation. Look at
    http://www.ntlhome.com/ntl_internet/dialup.asp?cust=ntlworldportalnavhelp

    Regards, Vic.

    Vic, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Den

    Barney Guest

    "Den" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All - I am after a bit of advice from people who have experience

    with
    > a broadband connection.
    >
    > I am currently on a dial up connection with Wanadoo anytime. I am going to
    > take the plunge and upgrade to a broadband connection, and I would like to
    > know of a reliable service provider. I am in the UK, and I do not really
    > want to pay any more than £20.00 a month for the service, if possible.
    >
    > Any help with this would be very much appreciated,
    >
    > Thanks in advance - Den.

    I have ntl 600 broadband. I suppose it's alright but not everyone's cup of
    tea. It has its moments. At £24:99 a month it suits me.
    Barney, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Den

    Kenny Guest

    See my post above at 19.54 re Wanadoo.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Den

    nemo2 Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:01:39 +0100, "Den"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello All - I am after a bit of advice from people who have experience with
    >a broadband connection.
    >
    >I am currently on a dial up connection with Wanadoo anytime. I am going to
    >take the plunge and upgrade to a broadband connection, and I would like to
    >know of a reliable service provider. I am in the UK, and I do not really
    >want to pay any more than £20.00 a month for the service, if possible.
    >
    >Any help with this would be very much appreciated,
    >
    >Thanks in advance - Den.

    Den,

    www.plus.net part of force 9. Offer a number of packages starting from
    £14.99, see the following page:

    http://portal.plus.net/products/broadband_home.html

    Plus are not perfect, but I've been with them for over a year and I'm
    not thinking of changing.

    Regards

    nemo2
    nemo2, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Den

    el duderino Guest

    I love Blueyonder, if you can get cable. Has it's problems but infrequently
    and has a good helpdesk (£1 min I think though:-()
    I'm not sure of their charges, I pay £35 a month for unlimited d/l @ 1.5Mb
    Good

    el duderino, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Den

    Kenny Guest

    Have been looking at Pipex Solo 500, don't have cable in my area:
    http://www.solo.pipex.net/xtreme-so...&PIPEXSESSID=65b458afc4875668033fdc90e4847757
    £23.99 /512K/ unlimited.
    From the address given by Hamman:
    http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/co...ON&tiscali=ON&freeserve=ON&cmp_action=Compare
    it comes out tops.
    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Den

    Fitzy_bhoy Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Have been looking at Pipex Solo 500, don't have cable in my area:

    http://www.solo.pipex.net/xtreme-so...&PIPEXSESSID=65b458afc4875668033fdc90e4847757
    > £23.99 /512K/ unlimited.
    > From the address given by Hamman:

    http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/co...ON&tiscali=ON&freeserve=ON&cmp_action=Compare
    > it comes out tops.
    > --
    >
    > Kenny
    >

    > "el duderino" <> wrote in message
    > > I love Blueyonder, if you can get cable. Has it's problems but

    > infrequently
    > > and has a good helpdesk (£1 min I think though:-()
    > > I'm not sure of their charges, I pay £35 a month for unlimited d/l @

    1.5Mb
    > > Good
    > > "nemo2" <> wrote in message

    experience
    > > with

    going

    like

    > really

    possible.

    > > > Den,
    > > >
    > > > www.plus.net part of force 9. Offer a number of packages starting from
    > > > £14.99, see the following page:
    > > >
    > > > http://portal.plus.net/products/broadband_home.html
    > > >
    > > > Plus are not perfect, but I've been with them for over a year and I'm
    > > > not thinking of changing.
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > >
    > > > nemo2

    I'm on this package and have no complaints. I would recommend if you use
    binaries, then you should use a program that supports multi thread download
    to maximise your speed. But then again it tells you this on the site. Grabit
    is good and Xnews also, although I haven't tried the later.

    John
    Fitzy_bhoy, Jul 3, 2004
  10. Den

    Den Guest

    Thanx all.

    Den.

    Den, Jul 3, 2004
  11. Den

    nemo2 Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:58:10 +0100, "Hamman" <>
    wrote:

    >"Den" <> wrote in message

    Snipped

    >If youre looking at ADSL instead of Cable, go to www.adslguide.org.uk
    >
    >ISP's to watch out for:
    >
    >Eclipse
    >Nildram
    >Zen
    >PlusNet
    >
    >hamman

    Hamman,

    Matter of interest why not PluNet?

    Regards

    nemo2
    nemo2, Jul 3, 2004
  12. Ive gone for NTLs 600k service at £24 a month, its more than fast enough,
    and ive never had any connection problems seen

    The Herbaholic, Jul 6, 2004
  13. Den

    Ken Forster Guest

    HI ,
    I signed up to Demon , been on about 12months ,never had any problems ,
    20meg of web space and free modem .
    They answer my mails promptly and the one occassion i used their help line
    they answered my question in about 1 minute.

    £25 per month but i'm happy..

    Ken Forster, Jul 19, 2004