    Anyway - here's the link, and thanks for looking:
    http://www.pbase.com/midie/mwnt

    (BTW - it will probably rain soon!)

    midie, Jul 27, 2006

  2. midie

    Roy G Guest

    "midie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just uploaded a gallery of pictures taken this week in West
    > Wales, United Kingdom. They're nothing special as pictures go -
    > coastal scenery and family snaps. But what many of you may find
    > interesting is the fact that the sun is *shining* :)
    >
    > So, for those of you who've been on trips to the UK before and been
    > let down by the weather, I thought I'd show you that sometimes - just
    > sometimes - the weather here can be perfect!
    >
    > Anyway - here's the link, and thanks for looking:
    > http://www.pbase.com/midie/mwnt
    >
    > (BTW - it will probably rain soon!)

    Why did you post this - you have just caused it to start raining.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 27, 2006

  3. >>So, for those of you who've been on trips to the UK before and been
    >>let down by the weather, I thought I'd show you that sometimes - just
    >>sometimes - the weather here can be perfect!

    You are giving those foreigners the impression that we Brits can ever be
    satisfied.

    All the radio and TV coverage I have seen recently has been wittering on
    about how unbearably hot it is and whether it will be "another uncomfortable
    night".

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Jul 27, 2006
  4. On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:09:18 GMT, Keith Sheppard wrote:
    >>>So, for those of you who've been on trips to the UK before and been
    >>>let down by the weather, I thought I'd show you that sometimes - just
    >>>sometimes - the weather here can be perfect!

    > You are giving those foreigners the impression that we Brits can ever be
    > satisfied.
    >
    > All the radio and TV coverage I have seen recently has been wittering on
    > about how unbearably hot it is and whether it will be "another uncomfortable
    > night".

    Then there were all the delighful images of the fairways at The British
    Open.

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    *** Killfiling google posts: <http//jonz.net/ng.htm>

    Allodoxaphobia, Jul 27, 2006
  5. midie

    Helen Guest

    "midie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > So, for those of you who've been on trips to the UK before and been
    > let down by the weather, I thought I'd show you that sometimes - just
    > sometimes - the weather here can be perfect!

    Yes, it *can* be perfect, but not recently; it's been absolutely unbearable!

    Helen, Jul 27, 2006
  6. midie

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Allodoxaphobia wrote:

    >> You are giving those foreigners the impression that we Brits can ever be
    >> satisfied.
    >>
    >> All the radio and TV coverage I have seen recently has been wittering on
    >> about how unbearably hot it is and whether it will be "another uncomfortable
    >> night".

    > Then there were all the delighful images of the fairways at The British
    > Open.
    >
    > Jonesy

    I look, most days, at a webcam showing the Parliment building, and Big
    Ben. A few days lately, I have seen actual blue sky, and bright sun.
    NOT the usual thing, for sure.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 28, 2006
  7. >>> So, for those of you who've been on trips to the UK before and been
    >>> let down by the weather, I thought I'd show you that sometimes - just
    >>> sometimes - the weather here can be perfect!
    >>>

    >>Yes, it *can* be perfect, but not recently; it's been absolutely
    >>unbearable!

    And to quote my earlier posting on this thread...

    >>You are giving those foreigners the impression that we Brits can ever be
    >>satisfied.

    I rest my case.

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Jul 28, 2006
  8. midie

    Neil Guest

    In message <edlyg.3345$>, Keith Sheppard
    <> writes

    >And to quote my earlier posting on this thread...
    >
    >>>You are giving those foreigners the impression that we Brits can ever be
    >>>satisfied.

    >I rest my case.
    >
    >Keith

    When you can see the hills, it be going to rain......
    and when you can't see 'em, it be raining......

    Regards
    --
    Neil

    Neil, Jul 28, 2006
  9. midie

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    > Allodoxaphobia wrote:
    > >> You are giving those foreigners the impression that we Brits can ever be
    > >> satisfied.
    > >>
    > >> All the radio and TV coverage I have seen recently has been wittering on
    > >> about how unbearably hot it is and whether it will be "another
    > >> uncomfortable
    > >> night".

    > > Then there were all the delighful images of the fairways at The British
    > > Open.
    > >
    > > Jonesy

    > I look, most days, at a webcam showing the Parliment building, and Big
    > Ben. A few days lately, I have seen actual blue sky, and bright sun.
    > NOT the usual thing, for sure.

    You, you mean it's actually sunny in London sometimes?

    I'm here enduring a Japanese summer - that means 90% humidity and
    temperatures around 38C daily dropping to a balmy 30 at night.
    Well, at least I have air-conditioning...

    Stewy, Aug 24, 2006