    1. Advertising

  1. alex crouvier

    Andrew Guest

    Andrew, Dec 30, 2003

  2. alex crouvier

    ThePunisher Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > alex crouvier wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=3825&mode=threaded&order=0

    > Are the specs for the R2 correct? No Cantonese audio?
    > While I doubt the film was shot with sync sound (Supercop
    > being Chan's first, IIRC), Cantonese audio would match the
    > lip movements closer than Mandarin.
    >
    > Andrew

    The site is wrong, it's Cantonese not Mandarin.

    --
    ThePunisher

    Chap with the wings there, put 5 rounds in him.

    ThePunisher, Dec 30, 2003
  3. alex crouvier

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:20:01 -0600, Andrew <>
    Gave us:

    >alex crouvier wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=3825&mode=threaded&order=0

    >Are the specs for the R2 correct? No Cantonese audio?
    >While I doubt the film was shot with sync sound (Supercop
    >being Chan's first, IIRC), Cantonese audio would match the
    >lip movements closer than Mandarin.
    >
    >Andrew

    The flick kicks nobody's ass when one considers the price at 1.6
    times that of the R1 release.

    DarkMatter, Dec 31, 2003
  4. On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:30:45 -0800, DarkMatter
    <> wrote:

    > The flick kicks nobody's ass when one considers the price at 1.6
    >times that of the R1 release.

    That is just the suggested retail price. And according to the
    screenshots, the R1 looks so bad I would not want it at any price.

    Hong Kong Legends releases are really worth a little extra, they are
    made by people who actually appreciate the artform, unlike Columbia
    Tristar or Miramax.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 31, 2003