    Please advise.
    Thanks
    Alex

    Alex, May 29, 2005

  2. Which program is required to open the application?
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 30, 2005

  3. Alex

    Alex Guest

    The problem occurs opening the briefcase with Windows Exproler. In the
    briefcase are files of all applications I use.
    Thanks

    Alex, May 30, 2005
  4. Copy those files to a knew folder then create a new briefcase in x64 and
    copy the files from the folder you created into the new briefcase.

    Andre Da Costa, May 30, 2005
  5. Alex

    Alex-x64 Guest

    O/H Andre Da Costa Ýãñáøå:
    > Copy those files to a knew folder then create a new briefcase in x64 and
    > copy the files from the folder you created into the new briefcase.

    Thanks, but I use a usb flash drive (where the briefcase is created) in
    both my maschines, a x64 and a 32-bit. The new briefcase created in x64
    can not be accessed by the 32-bit, it always

    Alex-x64, May 30, 2005
  6. Alex

    Alex-x64 Guest

    O/H Andre Da Costa Ýãñáøå:

    Alex-x64, May 30, 2005
  7. Thats the case then, 64 bit to 64 bit for XP x64 briefcase.

    Andre Da Costa, May 31, 2005
  8. Correct, this is the same as the file and settings wizard. We can only
    utilize stores created with x64 versions of the app. I will see if there
    is going to be any update for briefcase that would allow us to see a 32bit
    store.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 31, 2005
  9. Yeah, it really makes sense, I guess the only 32 bit component of x64 really
    is Outlook Express, correct me if I'm wrong, although there is the 32 bit IE
    for compatibility.

    Andre Da Costa, May 31, 2005
  10. Alex

    James Park Guest

    OE only comes in 64-bit. That's why the 32-bit spellchecker doesn't work.

    James Park, May 31, 2005
  11. James Park wrote:
    > OE only comes in 64-bit. That's why the 32-bit spellchecker doesn't
    > work.

    That is correct. You can work around this if you have access to XP Pro 32
    bit. Just copy the files from Outlook Express into a directory you create on
    your XP Pro x64 drive. NOTE: You cannot use \Program Files\Outlook Express
    or \Program Files (x86)\Outlook Express. And for correctness, I would
    recommend \Program Files (x86)\32 Bit Outlook Express :) Then create a
    shortcut to the file msimn.exe on your desktop. Spell check works again.
    Also, I should warn you that this is NOT supported, and some have reported
    problems doing this. I on the other hand, have had no problems using the
    setup I described above. Also, you must have at least one major component of
    Office 2002 or Office 2003 installed, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc...
    for spellcheck to function in OE.

    Good luck,
    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 31, 2005
  12. So why don't we see 32-bit & 64-bit OE like IE then.

    Andre Da Costa, May 31, 2005
  13. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > So why don't we see 32-bit & 64-bit OE like IE then.

    I think OE 32 bit must have been pulled at the last minute because someone
    reported problems? I am only speculating. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 31, 2005
  14. Read the headers of this message, and you will see that I am running 32bit
    OE from XP SP2 inside of XP x64. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 31, 2005
  15. Alex

    James Park Guest

    I believe an MSFT guy said as much in another thread.

    James Park, Jun 1, 2005