    XP-64 to see it it works better.

    Any ideas? Would I have better luck creating the briefcase on my laptop
    over the network from the 64 bit machine?
    Sam Crawford, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Yep, it is an incompatibility, 64 bit to 64 bit for XP x64 My Briefcase.
    This is a similar issue which affects the Files & Settings Transfer Wizard.
    ________

    We can only utilize stores created with x64 versions of the app. I will see
    if there is going to be any update for briefcase that would allow us to see
    a 32bit store.

    Joseph Conway (Microsoft)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 15, 2005

  3. I don't know if this might help, but it's worth a shot.
    You could add a shortcut with this : %windir%\syswow64\explorer.exe /separate
    That opens a 32 bit explorer window i think, because that's how i get my
    winrar to work now. You could try making/sync the briefcase through that so
    in theory you'd be working with both on a 32bit mode.

    I personally because of different drive letters and my laptop and computer
    have different directories for where my stuff is located to sync to, I use a
    briefcase on both machines, and have them sync to the usb.

    Hope some of that helps

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBN?=, Aug 15, 2005
  4. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 14-Aug-2005, =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBN?= <>
    wrote:

    > I personally because of different drive letters and my laptop and computer
    >
    > have different directories for where my stuff is located to sync to, I use
    > briefcase on both machines, and have them sync to the usb.

    I wish I could sync them with a USB drive. The folder I want to sync is
    about 30GB. It contains my iTunes music files. I guess I will remember not
    to buy or burn and files while I'm using my laptop :(
    Sam Crawford, Aug 15, 2005
  5. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 14-Aug-2005, "Sam Crawford" <> wrote:

    > I guess I will remember not
    > to buy or burn and files while I'm using my laptop :(

    I should have said "buy or rip" music.
    Sam Crawford, Aug 15, 2005