    that?

    Cheers

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 31, 2007

  2. "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message

    > I am using this [XP] laptop connected wirelessly to an Access Point that
    > is part of my [Vista] desktop computer's Asus motherboard.
    >
    > Even though the wireless network from the AP is on another IP range, I can
    > access all the desktop computers files through network shares,
    > administrative shares and mapped network drives.
    >
    > However I cannot access my [Win2003] server in this way, as it is not part
    > of the AP's wireless network.
    >
    > Is there anyway that I can access my server from the laptop when using the
    > wireless connection from the AP connected to my desktop computer?
    >
    > Could I use the software Bridge on the Vista desktop, or something like
    > that?

    So there is no way to access my server on my LAN as it is on another IP
    range/workgroup?

    At the moment I am accessing it by connecting the laptop to the desktop
    computer through Remote Desktop and then using Remote Desktop from the
    desktop computer to connect to the server.

    This actually works very well, so I might just give up on this, but it would
    be neater if I could somehow bridge the two networks together.

    Or I just buy another wireless router to replace the one that has broken...

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 5, 2007