    internet traffic - i.e. pinging via IP fails. Will this work for what
    I want to accomplish?

    Thanks. :)
    Evan Platt, May 22, 2005

  2. Evan Platt wrote:
    > Ok, I'd like to bridge a wireless and wired connection - I have a
    > laptop with a 802.11 connecting to a network, and a wired home network
    > with a netgear router.Both are using 192.168.1.X Ip's, on the
    > 255.255.255.0 subnet. Essentially I want the desktop to have internet
    > access from the laptops 802.11 connection.
    >
    > Is this possible? I tried the bridge connection on my laptop, but as
    > soon as I bridge the connections, my laptop ceases to 'see' any
    > internet traffic - i.e. pinging via IP fails. Will this work for what
    > I want to accomplish?

    What do you mean by laptop connecting to a network? Is this an entirely
    different network that has internet access on it? As in "my neighbor
    doesn't know I'm using his wireless network"?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 23, 2005

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:56:06 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >What do you mean by laptop connecting to a network? Is this an entirely
    >different network that has internet access on it? As in "my neighbor
    >doesn't know I'm using his wireless network"?

    It's a laptop connecting to an access point. And as in "I've
    identified who owns the AP and it's a neighbor I know and I've
    contacted them."
    Evan Platt, May 23, 2005
  4. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:56:06 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >

    >>What do you mean by laptop connecting to a network? Is this an entirely
    >>different network that has internet access on it? As in "my neighbor
    >>doesn't know I'm using his wireless network"?

    > It's a laptop connecting to an access point. And as in "I've
    > identified who owns the AP and it's a neighbor I know and I've
    > contacted them."

    Wouldn't you normally use a bridge for that instead of a wireless
    client? But you could try enabling ICS on the laptop so that it's
    basically serving as proxy for the other machines on your wired LAN. If
    no luck, there's some pretty smart people over in alt.internet.wireless.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 23, 2005