Bridge subnets on the same physical network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by white_apple, Feb 25, 2008.

  1. white_apple

    white_apple

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi I want to bridge to subnets X.X.0.0/24 and X.X.10.0/24 as we ran out of IPs. I am trying to this with Cisco 2600 router. My configuration is as follows

    interface Ethernet0/0
    ip address X.X.10.254 255.255.255.0 secondary
    ip address X.X.0.29 255.255.255.0
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    no mop enabled
    bridge-group 10

    Bridge group 10 is executing the IEEE compatible Spanning Tree protocol
    Bridge Identifier has priority 32768, address 0009.7cfa.b120
    Configured hello time 2, max age 20, forward delay 15
    We are the root of the spanning tree
    Port Number size is 9
    Topology change flag not set, detected flag not set
    Times: hold 1, topology change 35, notification 2
    hello 2, max age 20, forward delay 15
    Timers: hello 0, topology change 0, notification 0
    bridge aging time 300

    Now I can ping from X.X.10.0/24 to 10.18.10.254 witch is the secondary IP of the e0/0 and X.X.0.29 (Primary IP of the e0/0) but I can’t ping anything beyond that

    Please help me to get this up and running thanks in advance

    white_apple, Feb 25, 2008