    Does anyone know of a device like this?

    Thanks,

    G.
    Gavin Scott, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Gavin Scott

    Beep Guest

    Gavin Scott wrote:

    > Hi all, I'll be grateful for any pointers or suggestions that anyone
    > has on this topic:
    >
    > I have a phone system that uses ordinary analog phone lines for its
    > instruments. I'd like to locate one of these at a remote site, so
    > what comes to mind would be some sort of bridging device that would
    > have an RJ-11 POTS jack on one side and an ethernet connection on
    > the other, so that I could plop one of these down in each location
    > and have the voice and signaling (ring, dialtone, touch-tones)
    > bridged transparently.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a device like this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > G.

    Do a search for an FXO or a Gateway-2-PSTN device.
    Beep, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Gavin Scott

    shido Guest

    You may want to look at Asterisk for your application.

    You can have two boxes running asterisk and linux and have the two speak to
    each other via IAX. Each box will have an IP address on the public internet
    or your private network depending on your application and have TDM gear such
    as FXO cards, T1 interface cards if you need to connect 23 lines, and or
    Quad Span T1 cards for 92 lines. You can connect IP Phones or regular phones
    as extensions. Asterisk comes complete with voicemail, conferencing, VoIP,
    softswitch, and billing with The NuFone Networks integrated billing and
    calling card engine.

    Please take a look at http://www.asterisk.org and http://www.digium.com

    Drop me a line on more details of the overall picture so I can best help
    you.

    Greg

    IM:

    shido, Aug 7, 2003