Bridge: definition?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by smackedass, Sep 4, 2005.

  1. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Hello,

    I know that I'm only looking for trouble here, but I'll try, anyway...

    I need to know what a "bridge" is, as defined by Microsoft, within the realm
    of XP.

    Oh, I know what a "bridge: is, as a generic networking term.

    But when I go to Google, and when I go to XP help, nobody is able to explain
    to me what actually HAPPENS when
    I choose to "bridge" connections, within an XP LAN.

    Can anybody who knows how to choose their "search" definitions better than
    I, provide me with a link?

    Thanks!

    Ken

    smackedass, Sep 4, 2005

  2. smackedass

    Tony Guest

    You didnt google too well. My first search came up with this:

    http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-network-bridge.asp

    Tony

    Tony, Sep 4, 2005

  3. smackedass

    MF Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xp bridge this connection

    MF, Sep 4, 2005
  4. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Thanks, guys and/or girls, you've been tremendously helpful.

    smackedass

    smackedass, Sep 5, 2005