    The status for my BRI card reads up/up (spoofing).
    How can correct this problem?

    , Sep 19, 2005

  2. writes:
    >The status for my BRI card reads up/up (spoofing).
    >How can correct this problem?

    What problem?

    Its up as long as a BRI is plugged into it. It may or not be up on layer-3
    but thats when you bind a dialer interface to it to dial out over the
    BRI, and the status of the dialer interface should track your layer-3 status.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 19, 2005

  3. In article <432eee9b$0$72868$>,
    Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    : writes:
    :>The status for my BRI card reads up/up (spoofing).
    :>How can correct this problem?

    :What problem?

    I think he means the "problem" that the interface says "spoofing".

    [I don't know anything about BRI, so I don't know when "spoofing"
    is normal.]

    Walter Roberson, Sep 19, 2005
  4. John Agosta Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > The status for my BRI card reads up/up (spoofing).
    > How can correct this problem?

    There is no 'problem.'

    This is normal for a dial interface like BRI.

    The layer 2 protocol does not have a peer to communicate with when there is
    no phone call / connection established.
    Normally, the absence of a layer 2 peer would cause the protocol to go
    'down.'

    Here, "spoofing" infers that they layer 2 protocol is being 'fooled'
    internally to think that there is a connection to a peer
    when in fact there is no connection, because there hasn't been any phone
    call placed yet.

    When you establish the connection, the 'spoofing' should go away because a
    real layer 2 peer will now be available to
    keep the protocol 'up.'

    HTH

    -ja

    John Agosta, Sep 19, 2005