    for simulate isdn bri conection, ddr routing and such?

    Thanks

    John
    John Smith, Aug 19, 2004

  2. John Smith

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <06TUc.114117$sh.37739@fed1read06>, says...

    > Gang
    >
    > I have a couple of 2501 routers each with a bri interface. Is it possible
    > for simulate isdn bri conection, ddr routing and such?

    Not w/o a ISDN simulator. But you can do AUX to AUX. CCO has some
    examples on how to do this.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 19, 2004

  3. "John Smith" <> writes:
    >I have a couple of 2501 routers each with a bri interface. Is it possible
    >for simulate isdn bri conection, ddr routing and such?

    No, BRI requires one end to act as a switch, and the client CPE
    communicates with the ISDN switch. THe cisco can't be made into an
    ISDN switch, so you'll need something that can be, like an Adtran
    Atlas box with the proper cards, or a more basic ISDN simulator.
    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
    Doug McIntyre, Aug 19, 2004
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Can you recomend a good isdn sim or would I find it in a sim like boston
    simulator?

    THanks

    John

    John Smith, Aug 19, 2004
  5. John Smith

    Sean Guest

    The ISDN Simulator is a piece of hardware.
    VConsole is a good one.
    The prices range from about 300 to 1000$

    Sean, Aug 19, 2004
  6. John Smith

    Dmitry Guest

    check the www.vconsole.com
    we have a large selection of ISDN simulators..

    Dmitry

    Dmitry, Aug 19, 2004
  7. Hi !

    John Smith wrote:
    > Can you recomend a good isdn sim or would I find it in a sim like boston simulator?

    No way for a software, this is hardware for special electrical signals.
    You have either official ISDN simulators as http://www.cheapisdn.com/,
    or look for "Teles iPbx 4S0 card" like
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9421&item=6317250749&rd=1
    on german ebay, so as to make your own ISDN PBX from an old PC (ISA cards).

    Best regards.

    --
    Eric LEMAITRE
    CNAM IT Engineer, MSCS
    Eric LEMAITRE, Aug 19, 2004
  8. Hi John,

    Any cheap home isdn pbx (with internal S0 bus (s/t interface)) will do. You
    can get them for $100-$200 (or less ofcourse).

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Aug 19, 2004
  9. John Smith

    Tosh Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9421&item=6317250749&rd=1
    > on german ebay, so as to make your own ISDN PBX from an old PC (ISA

    cards).

    Hi Eric,
    I'm very intested in the product above, but since the only documentation I
    can find about is in german language, I'm having some troubles in finding
    what exactly I need to look for.
    The idea is to set up a box with at least a pri and 4 bri interfaces,
    possibly some analog as well, in order to simulate various scenarios
    involving access routers.
    I'm pretty sure that the board you suggested could be part of my project, as
    long as the companion pri board is available, but I can't find any info
    about the software.
    Do you know if it is shipped with the card?
    If no, can you address me to the right item to look for?
    It should be not bad for the sw to have lcr functionality.
    Tnx,
    Tosh.
    Tosh, Aug 23, 2004