breeze browser pro and Raw Shooter premium

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don, Nov 13, 2005.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    Folks

    I have been using Breeze browser pro and downloader since moving into
    digital in a big way. I also downloaded the free version of Raw Shooter and
    was pretty impressed with a number of features particularly the batch
    processing. I have now purchased Raw Shooter Premium and am still impressed
    but slightly prefer the output of breezbrowser and definitely the look and
    feel over RSP. However, my raw conversion times in breeze are about 115
    secs per image while in RSP its about 15 secs. The Breeze time seems like
    an eternity when I have 5 or 6 HUNDRED shots which I regularly have to
    convert. Does anyone one else have similar experience. I don't think its
    hardware as the machine is not bad and anyway, look at the RSP times. I
    wish to continue with Breeze but not if I cannot fix up the time issue. As
    you can imagine I have to leave the machine running and converting overnight
    for Breeze (say, 600 file at 115 secs per file, roughly 19 hours!!!)

    --
    Don From Down Under
    Don, Nov 13, 2005

  2. Don

    Ken W. Guest

    > feel over RSP. However, my raw conversion times in breeze are about 115
    > secs per image while in RSP its about 15 secs.

    Hi Don - my conversion times in Breezebrowser Pro are about 12 sec to
    convert to 8-bit JPEG and 15 sec to convert to 16-bit TIF. Are you running
    any post-processing RAW conversion options in Breezebrowser (i.e. barrel
    distortion correction, levelling, image resizing, etc.)? Perhaps something
    here is slowing down your conversions. Try converting with everything in
    default mode (no post-processing, no noise reduction, settings "as shot" by
    camera) and see if that makes a difference. My originals are Canon 20D CR2
    files on a 2 year-old computer.

    Ken
    Ken W., Nov 13, 2005

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    Ken, thanks for your comments. I think I have everything set to vanilla and
    as I indicated in the post, using RSP its about 12 to 15 seconds as your
    getting with your breezebrowser. Will go back and check the settings.

    regards

    Don

    Don, Nov 14, 2005