!Breaking News! Trade Me....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Burke, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    Max Burke, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Max Burke

    thing2 Guest

    thing2, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Max Burke

    ~misfit~ Guest

    thing2 wrote:
    > Max Burke wrote:
    >> Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!
    >>
    >> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/
    >>
    >> http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/
    >>

    > not bad eh? started with a second hand laptop? and a vision....sells
    > for $700 million....
    >
    > Nice to see success....

    Very nice. I hope it doesn't stuff Trademe up too much.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 6, 2006
  4. On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:15:04 +1300, someone purporting to be Max Burke
    didst scrawl:

    > Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/
    >
    > http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/

    Good on him. We need more people like Sam.
    Visions like this thrive on quality 'net connections, so one has to wonder
    how many Sam Morgans have been stifled by our current environment.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Max Burke

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:28:34 +1300, Matthew Poole wrote:

    > Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

    He started by spamming these news groups.

    > Visions like this thrive on quality 'net connections, so one has to wonder
    > how many Sam Morgans have been stifled by our current environment.

    Plenty of them.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #15641 +(3774)- [X]

    <superwoman> I had a boyfriend once that made me suck him off while I had a
    mouthful of beer.
    <GrandCow> HAHAHAHA that was me bitch!
    <superwoman> DANNY?!?!?!
    <GrandCow> MOM?!?!?!?!

    Note: All my comments are copyright 6/03/2006 3:33:28 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 6, 2006
  6. wogers nemesis, Mar 6, 2006
  7. T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
    <> saying something like this:

    >> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

    >He started by spamming these news groups.

    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e

    I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
    much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.

    Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    really.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 6, 2006
  8. "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >>> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

    >>He started by spamming these news groups.

    > http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >
    > I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
    > much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.
    >
    > Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    > really.
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.
    > See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    he had some luck too - i'd say he springboarded somewhat off ebay.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 6, 2006
  9. Max Burke

    Bette Noir Guest

    On , , Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    Me...., Waylon Kenning <>
    wrote:

    >T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
    ><> saying something like this:
    >
    >>> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

    >>He started by spamming these news groups.

    >http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >
    >I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan.

    I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
    this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
    said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
    on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.

    >Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    >really.

    Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
    spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

    ---

    Bette Noir, Mar 13, 2006
  10. Bette Noir wrote:
    > On , , Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    > Me...., Waylon Kenning <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
    >> <> saying something like this:

    >>> He started by spamming these news groups.

    >> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >>
    >> I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan.

    > I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
    > this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
    > said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
    > on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.
    >
    >> Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    >> really.

    > Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
    > spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

    I rather think the words "petty minded" and "spiteful" suit you better
    bitch.

    You got nothing better to do than trawl a computer group just to carry on a
    personal vendetta?

    Put that little dick back in your pants and go home to your momma, you're
    embarrassing yourself.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)

    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 13, 2006
  11. Max Burke

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:02:53 +1300, Bette Noir wrote:

    >>http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >>
    >>I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan.

    > I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
    > this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
    > said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
    > on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.

    Look I don't know what your beef is but you are really a tosser. I don't
    feel particularly big at all, what I do feel is that Sam's success is
    tainted with early abuse of OUR community here in NZ.COMP.

    Many will overlook that. It's hardly the worst crime one can commit. But
    it's there and it's the truth. And I was FAR from the only one annoyed
    about it.

    You'd see that if you were not soo bigoted.

    >>Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    >>really.

    > Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
    > spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

    You are the spiteful one, you anonymous little wank. Too gutless to say who
    you are.

    You have 'issues' mate.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #127148 +(3697)- [X]

    <Ich> I have passed the transitional stage of internet geekhood
    <Ich> I was cashiering at work today, and was punching in the code for
    plums, which is 4040.
    <Ich> and the 0 key doesn't work this well, so I punched it in wrong.
    <Ich> and the machine flashed up "Item Not Found: 404"
    <Ich> and I actually laughed out loud

    Note: All my comments are copyright 14/03/2006 10:27:19 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 14, 2006
  12. Max Burke

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Waylon Kenning wrote:

    >>He started by spamming these news groups.

    > http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >
    > I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
    > much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.

    Yes, I was quite harsh - but that was my standard response to all spammers.
    We went through a period when every man and his dog thought he'd put some
    tacky business 'on the net' and spam the newsgroups. NZ'ers doing it to.

    Thanks for the ups.

    I notice several others also objected - Bruce was also quite harsh and as
    he comments Sam was a repeat offender.

    > Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    > really.

    Yes, good on him for his success. It's a pity he had to abuse OUR community
    to get there though.

    Without that initial core exposure here, I don't think he would have gotten
    as big as easily.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #414593 +(7055)- [X]

    DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is
    probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees
    him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy,
    but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the
    guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great
    resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not
    going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for
    comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who
    is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work
    out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never
    hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the
    person that we hired.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 14/03/2006 10:20:20 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 14, 2006
  13. Max Burke

    Bette Noir Guest

    On , , Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:54:58 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    Me...., "Shaun \(~misfit~\)" <> wrote:

    >Bette Noir wrote:
    >> On , , Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    >> Me...., Waylon Kenning <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
    >>> <> saying something like this:

    >>> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >>>
    >>> I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan.

    >> I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
    >> this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
    >> said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
    >> on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.
    >>
    >>> Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    >>> really.

    >> Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
    >> spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

    >I rather think the words "petty minded" and "spiteful" suit you better
    >bitch.

    You're just another jealous little girl.

    >You got nothing better to do than trawl a computer group just to carry on a
    >personal vendetta?

    Get a job.

    >Put that little dick back in your pants and go home to your momma, you're
    >embarrassing yourself.

    The first mention of a dick is usually by a you. Are you coming
    out of the closet at long last? Why do you keep showing yourself
    up all the time?

    ---

    Bette Noir, Mar 14, 2006
  14. Max Burke

    Bette Noir Guest

    On , , Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:40:14 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    Me...., Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >
    >>>He started by spamming these news groups.

    >> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >>
    >> I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
    >> much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.

    >Yes, I was quite harsh - but that was my standard response to all spammers.
    >We went through a period when every man and his dog thought he'd put some
    >tacky business 'on the net' and spam the newsgroups. NZ'ers doing it to.
    >
    >Thanks for the ups.

    You really like the ups, don't you.
    Right up for Brendan.

    >I notice several others also objected - Bruce was also quite harsh and as
    >he comments Sam was a repeat offender.

    You didn't have a life then and you don't have one now if this
    post is your the standard tactic.

    >> Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    >> really.

    >Yes, good on him for his success. It's a pity he had to abuse OUR community
    >to get there though.
    >
    >Without that initial core exposure here, I don't think he would have gotten
    >as big as easily.

    You pathetically petty little boy.
    Grow up and get that monstrous chip off your shoulder.
    Stop making excuses for yourself.
    You have never had an original idea in your life and you get your
    ups by disparaging genuine strivers.
    What do you have?
    NOTHING.
    ---

    Bette Noir, Mar 14, 2006
  15. Bette Noir wrote:
    > On , , Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:54:58 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    > Me...., "Shaun \(~misfit~\)" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bette Noir wrote:
    >>> On , , Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    >>> Me...., Waylon Kenning <>

    >>> I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
    >>> this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
    >>> said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
    >>> on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.

    >>> Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
    >>> spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

    >> I rather think the words "petty minded" and "spiteful" suit you
    >> better bitch.

    > You're just another jealous little girl.

    Wrong on four out of four, to be expected. I'm not "just" anything, I'm not
    jealous, I'm not little and I'm not a girl.

    >> You got nothing better to do than trawl a computer group just to
    >> carry on a personal vendetta?

    > Get a job.

    Wow!! Stunning come-back. I point out that you are reduced to replying to
    week-old posts to feed your vendetta and you come back with that. D -,
    should do better.

    >> Put that little dick back in your pants and go home to your momma,
    >> you're embarrassing yourself.

    > The first mention of a dick is usually by a you.

    I can understand why *you'd* prefer not to mention it.

    > Are you coming
    > out of the closet at long last?

    Do you have something against gays? Don't bother answering, it's rhetorical
    question as......

    > Why do you keep showing yourself
    > up all the time?

    Showing myself up as having superior (compared with you at least) debating
    skills and logic you mean? It just shines on through, hard to hide.

    Your arguments show no logic, just abuse. You are obviously a troll of
    little skill so I'll bozo-bin you, where you belong.

    Buh-bye now.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)

    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 14, 2006
  16. Max Burke

    shannon Guest

    Bette Noir wrote:
    > On , , Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:40:14 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
    > Me...., Brendan <> wrote:

    >>>http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...12951/80a7d30c5841a34e?hl=en#80a7d30c5841a34e
    >>>
    >>>I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
    >>>much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.

    >>Yes, I was quite harsh - but that was my standard response to all spammers.
    >>We went through a period when every man and his dog thought he'd put some
    >>tacky business 'on the net' and spam the newsgroups. NZ'ers doing it to.
    >>
    >>Thanks for the ups.

    > You really like the ups, don't you.
    > Right up for Brendan.
    >

    >>I notice several others also objected - Bruce was also quite harsh and as
    >>he comments Sam was a repeat offender.

    > You didn't have a life then and you don't have one now if this
    > post is your the standard tactic.
    >

    >>>Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
    >>>really.

    >>Yes, good on him for his success. It's a pity he had to abuse OUR community
    >>to get there though.
    >>
    >>Without that initial core exposure here, I don't think he would have gotten
    >>as big as easily.

    > You pathetically petty little boy.
    > Grow up and get that monstrous chip off your shoulder.
    > Stop making excuses for yourself.
    > You have never had an original idea in your life and you get your
    > ups by disparaging genuine strivers.
    > What do you have?
    > NOTHING.
    > ---

    Greg Scooter Dowle <plonked> again

    shannon, Mar 14, 2006
  17. Max Burke

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:16:55 +1300, shannon wrote:

    > Greg Scooter Dowle <plonked> again

    Thought it might be him. He must be having a hard time in his life again
    and decided to come here and pick a fight.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #77904 +(4972)- [X]

    <Sui88> 67% of girls are stupid
    <V-girl> i belong with the other 13%

    Note: All my comments are copyright 15/03/2006 10:43:43 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 14, 2006
  18. Max Burke

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:05:26 +1300, Bette Noir wrote:

    > You really like the ups, don't you.
    > Right up for Brendan.

    Greg, you sure have not gotten any more original with senility.

    And you do not keep your word.

    >>I notice several others also objected - Bruce was also quite harsh and as
    >>he comments Sam was a repeat offender.

    > You didn't have a life then and you don't have one now if this
    > post is your the standard tactic.

    I was objecting to a spammer, as have many others and as have you.

    >>Without that initial core exposure here, I don't think he would have gotten
    >>as big as easily.

    > You pathetically petty little boy.
    > Grow up and get that monstrous chip off your shoulder.
    > Stop making excuses for yourself.
    > You have never had an original idea in your life and you get your
    > ups by disparaging genuine strivers.
    > What do you have?
    > NOTHING.

    Well, if that isn't projecting your own faults I don't know what is. Greg,
    you have always been a nasty piece of work and in the 10 years I have been
    afflicted with you, you have not evolved at all. Even after your failed
    marriage.

    I'd suggest you get some counselling but I know you would only consider
    that an attack.

    I have plenty of original ideas Greg; that is what you have always found
    most annoying about me. I am both smarter than you and more articulate. You
    are jealous.

    I don't even feel particularly interested in teasing you. You just seem so
    small and damaged.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #83627 +(4702)- [X]

    <scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying
    "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
    funerals.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 15/03/2006 10:37:11 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 14, 2006
  19. shannon wrote:
    > Bette Noir wrote:

    > Greg Scooter Dowle <plonked> again

    So that's who it is. Another nym-shifting loser. I plonked him yesterday.
    Someone (a bit more internet-savvy than me) should keep a database of the
    main nym-shifting shit-stirrers and issue an alert when one of them tries
    yet again to escape from his own fouled nest. When we get instances like
    this one, Dowle digging up week-old posts by Brendan simply to launch
    personal attacks, it really detracts from the integrity on nz.comp. That
    sort of stuff should be kept in nz.general where it belongs.

    Cheers.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)

    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 14, 2006
  20. Brendan wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:05:26 +1300, Bette Noir wrote:

    > I don't even feel particularly interested in teasing you. You just
    > seem so small and damaged.

    That's why I killfiled the sad bastard, it's not nice to make fun of the
    handicapped and he was provoking me into just such a position.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)

    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 15, 2006