BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ...

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Raja, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. Raja

    Raja Guest

    Raja, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Raja

    Egghead Guest

    thanks!!!
    Ok, my q now is that is it the same to get from MCAD to MCSD so that I can
    take the Enterprise App Dev on the new one?
    Anyway, we need to c the ttl exams from start to the end on the new path.
    Egghead

    Egghead, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Raja

    Raja Guest

    This is what I understand from the Upgrade Path slide. If you're currently a
    MCSD, then taking 2 exams will make you an Enterprise Application Developer.
    But, that may not be the case for moving from a MCAD. My guess is, there
    would be more than 2 upgrade exams to move to the Enterprise Application
    Developer level. We will have to wait and see !

    Another thing mentioned in the article is "According to Valvano, Microsoft
    will follow tradition, releasing exams for SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio
    2005 about 45 days after the release of the products to the general public".
    This should put the beta exams in the mid to end December timeframe.

    Raja, Jul 16, 2005
  4. Raja

    Sean Guest

    the chart they have on this article makes it pretty clear.

    MCAD -> 1 exam either windows or Web track
    MCSD -> 2 exams which most likely will be bot Windows and Web

    So I bet anything that MCSD will not have to take 70-300 type exam over nor
    the elective exam.

    I also heard that the upgrade exams will assume you already know 1.1 so
    MAYBE they will not be so friggin hard...

    Kind of puts MCAD folks (currently me) in a bind. If your Windows can you
    get a Web job. If you are Web can you get a Windows job..kind of sucks.

    Given my background and what I want to do I would pick windows.
    Sean, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Raja

    Egghead Guest

    I mean how the path from MCAD to Enterpise APplication developer or from
    those windows/web developer to enterpise app developer.
    Unless the Enterpise app developer has 7 exams, it is really suck.
    Egghead

    Egghead, Jul 19, 2005