    confident. Geez, for those of you that have actually taken the test, tell me,
    are the questions really going to be truly that obsure? ( I'm looking for a
    little hope here!)
    LMC, Aug 7, 2008

  2. LMC

    LMC Guest

    Holy S H I T
    I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough the
    respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.

    I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news group
    of “much said about nothingâ€.

    LMC, Aug 7, 2008

  3. LMC

    John R Guest

    LMC,

    People do pass this test, every day. Yes, there are lots and lots of group
    policy items. And, while I cannot say with any certainity how many you'll
    find on the test, I can say that as long as you are good on server
    configuration, auditing, Raid, etc, and you have a good handle on what can
    be done with group policy, I don't think you'll have any problem passing the
    test.

    70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed both on
    the first try.

    John R

    John R, Aug 7, 2008
  4. LMC

    Bill Hileman Guest

    LMC wrote:
    > Holy S H I T
    > I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough
    > the respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.
    >
    > I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news
    > group of "much said about nothing".

    Glad we could help!

    Another satisfied customer!

    Can we use you as a reference?
    Bill Hileman, Aug 7, 2008
  5. LMC

    Jtyc Guest

    > I've just read thru a dozen or so random responses and amazing enough the
    > respondents are far more sarcastic than I am on a good day.
    >
    > I retract my last post. This is obviously one of those pointless news
    > group
    > of “much said about nothingâ€.

    Welcome to the Internet.
    Jtyc, Aug 7, 2008
  6. LMC

    Jtyc Guest

    > are the questions really going to be truly that obsure?

    Have you never taken a Microsoft exam?
    Jtyc, Aug 7, 2008
  7. LMC

    PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:26:04 -0700, LMC <>
    wrote:

    >Holy S H I T

    What's holy s h i t?
    Is it like holy w a t e r?
    PAJ, Aug 7, 2008
  8. LMC

    wrote:

    >I retract my last post.

    Good. It was s h i t!
    PAJ, Aug 7, 2008
  9. LMC

    PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:04:02 -0700, LMC <> wrote:

    >for those of you that have actually taken the test, tell me,
    >are the questions really going to be truly that obsure?

    Yeah, but most people pass on their first go.
    With all the experience you have you should pass with no problems.
    Unless you are a thick s h i t!
    PAJ, Aug 7, 2008
  10. > 70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed both
    > on the first try.

    Stunning. Truly stunning. I salute your
    geniusness...er..geniosity...er...whatever. Look everyone, a hero happened
    here.

    Death from Above
    Death from Above, Aug 8, 2008
  11. LMC

    John R Guest

    "Death from Above" <> wrote in message
    >> 70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed both
    >> on the first try.

    > Stunning. Truly stunning. I salute your
    > geniusness...er..geniosity...er...whatever. Look everyone, a hero
    > happened here.

    Oh come on. I wasn't trying to brag. I was trying to demonstrate to the OP
    that these tests are not THAT bad as long as you have experience. That's
    all, really.

    John R
    John R, Aug 8, 2008
  12. LMC

    >> 70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed both
    >> on the first try.

    > Stunning. Truly stunning. I salute your
    > geniusness...er..geniosity...er...whatever. Look everyone, a hero
    > happened here.

    And yes, I have my official "Hero's happen here" lunch bag right beside me
    :)

    John R
    John R, Aug 8, 2008
  13. LMC

    catwalker63 Guest

    "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "Death from Above" <> wrote in message
    >>> 70-291 is considered by many to be much more challenging. I passed
    >>> both on the first try.

    >> Stunning. Truly stunning. I salute your
    >> geniusness...er..geniosity...er...whatever. Look everyone, a hero
    >> happened here.
    >>

    > And yes, I have my official "Hero's happen here" lunch bag right
    > beside me
    >:)
    >
    > John R

    My fav swag from that event was the Citrix lighted pen. It has been
    banned from our meeting, however. <sigh>

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Aug 11, 2008
  14. LMC

    LMC Guest

    I could come to truly love this site...
    The sarcasm is fairly quick. Try this on for size. This is not a question in
    any braindumper site or transcender or other lame (as my Son calls them) site.

    Given:

    Lets say you have a 3 domain arrangement, all 2003 server, all under the
    same forest. ohio.xyz.com, tenn.xyz.com and fla.xyz.com.

    You have CPA's in all 3 loc's and you want to give those cpas access to
    resources no matter which loc they happen to be in.

    I would answer it this way:

    1. Create a DL group, say DL-Accountants ( link it to a shared folder )
    2. Create a G group, G-CPA ( add the local domain accountant users )
    3. Place each of the domain Global group (G-CPA) into the DL-Accountants
    Local group.
    Traveling CPA's should have access to resource in any location. CAVEAT:
    Unless I'm mistaken the bandwidth might be high based on the global catalog
    transfer of all member info.
    ALTERNATIVE and this might be more appropriate for a multiple forest
    arrangment.
    1. Create a Univ Group, say U-CPA, add the global G-CPA of each domain as
    members of the Univ group.
    2. Add the Univ groups is added to each domain local group.

    Global catalog bandwidth utilization should be minimal transfering only link
    info instead of an entire least of say 200 users each site.

    How far off am I. Remember to add the sarcasm AFTER you answer, not before.

    Regards

    LMC, Aug 12, 2008
  15. LMC

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?TE1D?= <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > I could come to truly love this site...
    > The sarcasm is fairly quick. Try this on for size. This is not a
    > question in any braindumper site or transcender or other lame (as my
    > Son calls them) site.
    >
    > Given:
    >
    > Lets say you have a 3 domain arrangement, all 2003 server, all under
    > the same forest. ohio.xyz.com, tenn.xyz.com and fla.xyz.com.
    >
    > You have CPA's in all 3 loc's and you want to give those cpas access
    > to resources no matter which loc they happen to be in.
    >
    > I would answer it this way:
    >
    > 1. Create a DL group, say DL-Accountants ( link it to a shared folder
    > ) 2. Create a G group, G-CPA ( add the local domain accountant users )
    > 3. Place each of the domain Global group (G-CPA) into the
    > DL-Accountants Local group.
    > Traveling CPA's should have access to resource in any location.
    > CAVEAT: Unless I'm mistaken the bandwidth might be high based on the
    > global catalog transfer of all member info.
    > ALTERNATIVE and this might be more appropriate for a multiple forest
    > arrangment.
    > 1. Create a Univ Group, say U-CPA, add the global G-CPA of each domain
    > as members of the Univ group.
    > 2. Add the Univ groups is added to each domain local group.
    >
    > Global catalog bandwidth utilization should be minimal transfering
    > only link info instead of an entire least of say 200 users each site.

    The goal is to minimize replicating changes between forest members so you
    want anything that replicates between them to remain as stable as
    possible.

    I would got with your ALTERNATIVE option:

    Best practice is to use Local Groups to assign permissions, so you're on
    the right track there. Local Groups and Global Groups are in the Global
    Catalog but their members are not listed. Universal group members ARE
    listed in the Global Catalog. Because changes in the membership of the
    Universal Group impacts the Global Catalog I would put the individual
    domain members into a Global Group in their domain and add the Global
    groups from each domain to the Universal Group. Add the Universal Group
    as a member of the the Local Group that has the permissions. Voila!
    Usually, after that, you only have to manage the member list for the
    Global Groups.

    catwalker63, Aug 12, 2008
  16. LMC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The goal is to minimize replicating changes between forest members so you
    >want anything that replicates between them to remain as stable as
    >possible.
    >
    >I would got with your ALTERNATIVE option:
    > masturbate myself with a 12'' black rubber cock.

    ifypfy

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Aug 12, 2008
  17. LMC

    PAJ Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 06:55:01 -0700, LMC <>
    wrote:

    >I could come to truly love this site...
    >The sarcasm is fairly quick. Try this on for size. This is not a question in
    >any braindumper site or transcender or other lame (as my Son calls them) site.

    Ooh, then you don't know the answer.
    This aint any QA "site".
    PAJ, Aug 12, 2008
  18. LMC

    LMC Guest

    OK. just so I can finish this thread and stick the proverbial fork in it.

    About 2/3 of the responses were of the wise ass variety. Not bad for a
    public news group.

    When a genuine question was asked I received one honest to goodness answer.
    In which case, that would make this forum worth while. The surprise is a
    member of the group of hairlips that go by MCNGP. But I suppose after you’ve
    seen the forum riddled with nothing but a slew of 20 somethings looking for a
    quick “gimme the answers for the 70-290 … dude†I suppose you develop a sort
    of MCNGP mentality.

    Oh by the way, Catwalker63
    You were absolutely right. It should have been users to global groups,
    global groups to univ groups and finally univ as members of the domain local
    groups. In my daily single domain world I didn’t have enough practice with
    the scenario I made up.

    Oh and I just finished 70-290. Yes, it was a bitch, scored 842. I have tips
    in order to pass the test. Here’s your answer to passing the 70-290 test:

    (1) Purchase low end box sporting a dual core 2.4 Ghz with 4GB of ram and a
    1 TB disk. $450 (cheap)
    (2) Install VMWare Server 1.0.6
    (3) Create a windows 2003 server, windows 2000 server and windows XP Pro
    (4) Clone the above after SYSPREP’ing
    (5) Build out about a dozen different scenario’s
    (6) Work out a variety of different multiple domain situations
    (7) Pass the freaking test.

    I can’t take anything you guys throw at me too seriously. After you’ve been
    doing this shtick for 27 year I’ve developed a fairly thick Teflon coat.

    Best regards from Indianapolis

    LMC, Aug 24, 2008
  19. LMC

    John R Guest

    "LMC" <> wrote in message
    > OK. just so I can finish this thread and stick the proverbial fork in it.
    >
    > About 2/3 of the responses were of the wise ass variety. Not bad for a
    > public news group.

    Maybe so, but to your original post, and to your follow up question, the
    first responses were not sarcastic. Besides, once a question has been
    answered, you're not going to get 6 other people follow up and say the same
    thing. Everyone knows the UGULR rule (Users into Global groups [into
    Universal groups] into domain Local groups assigned to Resources), there is
    no need for multiple people to expound on it.

    Once a question has been answered, it is fair game for frivolity.

    Of course, if the initial question is something that can easily be found
    with google, well that's a whole 'nother story.

    John R
    John R, Aug 25, 2008