    it ?

    Many thanks in advance.

    , Sep 19, 2009

  2. Thrill5 Guest

    If you break the stack, both switches will continue working. Since both
    switches both have a connection to another switch, disconnecting them
    without rebooting one of them is not good idea. I'm not sure what will
    happen, but I'm sure at a minimum it will cause some type of down time on
    everything connected to it via layer 2 because spanning-tree will need to
    reconverge.

    It is NEVER a good idea to make any kind of change during the production
    day, especially if you don't know what the repercussions are.

    You can't stop stacking on a 3750, and the obvious question is why you want
    to do this in the first place.

    Thrill5, Sep 23, 2009

  3. bod43 Guest

    On 23 Sep, 00:42, "Thrill5" <> wrote:
    > If you break the stack, both switches will continue working.  Since both
    > switches both have a connection to another switch, disconnecting them
    > without rebooting one of them is not good idea.  I'm not sure what will
    > happen, but I'm sure at a minimum it will cause some type of down time on
    > everything connected to it via layer 2 because spanning-tree will need to
    > reconverge.
    >
    > It is NEVER a good idea to make any kind of change during the production
    > day, especially if you don't know what the repercussions are.
    >
    > You can't stop stacking on a 3750, and the obvious question is why you want
    > to do this in the first place.

    Just for my own clarification.
    Is it the case that, assuming a power down,
    disconnect, and power up:-

    1. - Each 'partial' stack will have it's own copy of the same
    configuration and of course each switch will retain it's
    stack number?

    2. - There is no two:)

    (I don't care what might happen on simply yanking the plug
    since I will never be there - I very much hope:))

    bod43, Sep 23, 2009