    much feedback from US buyers of Brazilian DVD's, and I'm hoping to
    hear if people thought it was a good idea or not.

    Thanks in advance...

    Patrick Neve, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Patrick Neve

    Codswallop Guest

    On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:01:21 GMT, Patrick Neve wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on some of
    > the DVD's I see coming out of Brazil, particularly on Ebay. Is it a
    > good way to get titles that are out of print in the U.S.?

    AFAIK they are Region 4 NTSC discs, so, they should be compatible with
    your television system but your player may not like other region discs.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)

    Codswallop, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Patrick Neve

    ML-78 Guest

    > Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on some of
    > the DVD's I see coming out of Brazil, particularly on Ebay. Is it a
    > good way to get titles that are out of print in the U.S.?

    I have bought from Brazilian retailers through eBay with no trouble. But if
    you're looking for titles that are out of print in the US, you might as well
    find those versions on eBay.

    > Specifically, I'm looking at some of these sets of classic Universal
    > monster movies (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.) So far, I don't see any
    > of them that mention the inclusion of the Spanish version of Dracula.
    > Is it in the Box set?

    I haven't seen the Brazilian box set, but the US one also turns up there. These
    titles are still in print in UK and other European countries. The region 2
    release of Dracula doesn't contain the Spanish version though.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Dec 2, 2003
  4. If you are looking for a business here in the US selling the UNIVERSAL
    Boxset, we have it it at:
    www.DiabolikDVD.com and can dispatch it the day you order it. It's a great
    set, by the way (I own one personally). - Joseph

    Joseph A. Gervasi \(Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD\), Dec 2, 2003