brand new LG DVD writer not burning DVDs

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by lovecraft, Jan 16, 2012.

1. lovecraft

lovecraft

I bought an LG DVD writer for my PC. I'm using win XP. the writer is recognized by XP with no problem at all. this DVD writer is brand new. I use nero express for burning DVDs. when I tried to burn a DVD using this LG writer the process proceeds into 1% only and then keeps running forever with some strange sounds from the dvd writer. I thought that the writer may be defective so I returned it to the shop and they gave me another brand new LG DVD writer and I tried it but the same problem remained. so I thought maybe the nero express is not compatible with this writer. so I installed the LG burner software that came in the CD which came with the LG writer, but the problem remained the same, the writer is refusing to burn any DVD completely, only up to 1% and then it keeps running and running forever with no progress. but the LG writer reads any data DVD really fine. before this LG I had an HP DVD writer and it was really working fine with no problems at all unlike the LG. the DVDs I use for burning are sony DVD+R. can someone guess what's the problem, because I don't think that this LG writer is defective too.

lovecraft, Jan 16, 2012
    1. Advertising