    the body only for now. I have a few EOS lenses already so I will be
    taking some pics this weekend. I will post them next week! I ordered
    it from Http://www.InfinityCameras.com

    Darius Alexander, Sep 25, 2003

  2. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2684.html

    --
    Albert Wiersch

    Albert Wiersch, Sep 25, 2003

  3. I also saw the reseller ratings for that store. If you've already received
    your camera and it's "new" and in good conditions, congrads... but I'd
    carefully check your credit card statement later. Braver than I ordering
    from them.

    Greg

    DigitalCameraBasics, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Darius Alexander

    Mark B. Guest

    > Sorry about all the caps, but I wanted everyone to know that I just
    > got my 300D for $789. It came new with all the accesories. I bought
    > the body only for now. I have a few EOS lenses already so I will be
    > taking some pics this weekend. I will post them next week! I ordered
    > it from Http://www.InfinityCameras.com

    You gambled & got lucky. 6 reviews on resellerratings.com with an average
    of 0.42 out of 10.

    Mark

    Mark B., Sep 25, 2003
  5. Darius Alexander

    EF in FL Guest

    > Sorry about all the caps, but I wanted everyone to know that I just
    > got my 300D for $789.

    Methinks one of two things here:

    1. Darius works for Infinity.
    2. Darius got ripped off.

    Which is it?

    EF

    EF in FL, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Darius Alexander

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    > Sorry about all the caps, but I wanted everyone to know that I just
    > got my 300D for $789. It came new with all the accesories. I bought
    > the body only for now. I have a few EOS lenses already so I will be
    > taking some pics this weekend. I will post them next week! I ordered
    > it from Http://www.InfinityCameras.com

    Those are the *WORST* bait&switch artists!!!!!
    They post great prices on various sites (from which
    they ought to be BANNED) but they won't sell you
    ANYTHING unless you also buy a ton of incredibly
    over-priced accessories that will drive the price beyond
    your imagination.

    Here's how they operate. First they lure you with an
    unrealistic price, often below wholesale. Then you
    will fill out an internet order that they will completely
    ignore, if not to get your email address. Soon after
    you will receive an email asking you to phone them
    "for confirmation." If you are adamant that you only
    want the camera at the price posted, then they will
    say the item is out of stock. If you agree to buy a slew
    of mostly useless stuff at ridiculously inflated price,
    then you will get your camera but you will end up paying
    a lot more than if you bought it from your local camera
    store. They will also charge you a percentage of the
    total for "handling" and charge you for the compulsory
    next day air shipping + insurance while in fact they
    will ship ground.

    When you realize you got scammed and you want
    to return the item, they will charge you a 15%
    "restocking fee" while of course all the BS fees
    they imposed are "non refundable."

    Don't expect anything but gray market stuff from
    these gentlemen.

    Paolo Pizzi, Sep 25, 2003
  7. Darius Alexander

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I hope this place isn't in Brooklyn or New Jersey. Not that there aren't
    other web rip-offs out there too. Good luck.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Sep 25, 2003
  8. Scam spam.

    --
    Colm

    : it from Http://www.a big rip off.com

    Colm Gallagher, Sep 25, 2003
  9. Darius Alexander

    ajacobs2 Guest

    > Sorry about all the caps, but I wanted everyone to know that I just
    > got my 300D for $789. It came new with all the accesories. I bought
    > the body only for now. I have a few EOS lenses already so I will be
    > taking some pics this weekend. I will post them next week! I ordered
    > it from Http://www.InfinityCameras.com

    This post rates two, almost three pigs asses in content.

    ( ; ) ( ; ) ( ; )

    1) Posted in Caps.
    2) Recommended one of the worst bait and switch companies.
    3) A shill could not of done better

    Worthy of three PIGs Asses........

    ajacobs2, Sep 25, 2003
  10. No to both. I had a good experience with them and I thought I would
    post it. I have had good things to say about Beach and Buydig too.

    Darius Alexander, Sep 26, 2003
  11. Darius Alexander

    Dan R Guest

    Do they all pay you to post such crap?
    Or do you some how gain satisfaction for this virus type BS ?
    If all you care about is the lowest price, you will accept the exact same
    from your clients.

    Dan R.

    Dan R, Sep 27, 2003