[Branch-TV] (others) Copy a protected CD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Passing this on for a fellow member af a closed group in the hope that
    someone here can help.

    "Thanks to all the members that responded to my pleas for help. Sadly
    nothing
    worked and I have been unable to back this disk up. Some thought I was
    asking for help with a DVD but this is a CD which has a little exe files
    which installs on the hard drive and then uses data from the CD to run a
    large exam paper including pictures and sound. In the end this produces a
    score and feedback as to where you went wrong in the test.

    I tried Alcohol 120% , any DVD, Clone DVD and DVD shrink as well as Nero and
    other standard programs.

    I need to copy and obscure and unobtainable CD. This as a program that runs
    several files on the CD when installed. I have been messing about with Iso
    buster for a couple of hours with little to show for my efforts .
    Nero and Clone CD won't touch it and I have tried all sorts of sneaky ways
    to crack the protection buit all have failed.

    I'm not attempting this task for profit, I just want to help a friend out of
    a hole!

    Any input programs or URL's welcome! Dave"

    Kenny

    Kenny, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Kenny wrote:
    > Passing this on for a fellow member af a closed group in the hope that
    > someone here can help.
    >
    > "Thanks to all the members that responded to my pleas for help. Sadly
    > nothing
    > worked and I have been unable to back this disk up. Some thought I was
    > asking for help with a DVD but this is a CD which has a little exe files
    > which installs on the hard drive and then uses data from the CD to run a
    > large exam paper including pictures and sound. In the end this produces a
    > score and feedback as to where you went wrong in the test.
    >
    > I tried Alcohol 120% , any DVD, Clone DVD and DVD shrink as well as Nero and
    > other standard programs.
    >
    > I need to copy and obscure and unobtainable CD. This as a program that runs
    > several files on the CD when installed. I have been messing about with Iso
    > buster for a couple of hours with little to show for my efforts .
    > Nero and Clone CD won't touch it and I have tried all sorts of sneaky ways
    > to crack the protection buit all have failed.
    >
    > I'm not attempting this task for profit, I just want to help a friend out of
    > a hole!
    >
    > Any input programs or URL's welcome! Dave"

    Any input as what the name of the program is or what error messages you
    get would be appreciated. And if this is for a backup, doesn't all this
    anxiety seem a little extreme? How many times do they expect to take
    this same exam? Just put the disk in a CD case and put it in a safe place.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 21, 2007

  3. "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Passing this on for a fellow member af a closed group in the hope that
    > someone here can help.
    >
    > "Thanks to all the members that responded to my pleas for help. Sadly
    > nothing
    > worked and I have been unable to back this disk up. Some thought I was
    > asking for help with a DVD but this is a CD which has a little exe files
    > which installs on the hard drive and then uses data from the CD to run a
    > large exam paper including pictures and sound. In the end this produces a
    > score and feedback as to where you went wrong in the test.
    >
    > I tried Alcohol 120% , any DVD, Clone DVD and DVD shrink as well as Nero
    > and
    > other standard programs.
    >
    > I need to copy and obscure and unobtainable CD. This as a program that
    > runs
    > several files on the CD when installed. I have been messing about with Iso
    > buster for a couple of hours with little to show for my efforts .
    > Nero and Clone CD won't touch it and I have tried all sorts of sneaky
    > ways
    > to crack the protection buit all have failed.
    >
    > I'm not attempting this task for profit, I just want to help a friend out
    > of
    > a hole!
    >
    > Any input programs or URL's welcome! Dave"
    >
    > Kenny

    Game Jack http://www.sofotex.com/GameJack-download_L32842.html might do it.
    Probably not, but should only take 5 mins to test. I haven't used it in ages
    but I think it's a reasonable program.

    -Jeepers Creepers

    Jeepers Creepers, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion, will pass it on.

    Kenny

    Kenny, Mar 21, 2007