    recommended using braindumps.
    Any comments?
    Dale

    Dale, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Dale

    kpg Guest

    #
    > Hi,
    > With all the talk about braindumps being illegal, I think it's funny that

    my
    > instructor (at a MS Certified Training center) HIGHLY and REPEATEDLY
    > recommended using braindumps.
    > Any comments?
    > Dale

    Ignorance.

    Just because he is an instructor does not make him correct.

    He is probably under pressure to have people PASS the test,
    (as in his job) and the easy way is to teach the test instead of the
    material. Happens all the time in public education, to the detriment
    of all.

    kp "just say no" g

    kpg, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Dale

    Dale Guest

    And for the record, that would be a different Dale.

    Dale Preston
    MCAD, MCSE, MCDBA and no braindumps.

    Dale, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Dale

    Eric Guest

    Dale wrote:

    > With all the talk about braindumps being illegal, I think it's funny
    > that my instructor (at a MS Certified Training center) HIGHLY and
    > REPEATEDLY recommended using braindumps.

    Did he recommend Transcender, or one of the others? Some people
    consider Transcender to be a dump, but I don't put it in that category.

    I know one teaching company that gives people online accounts for
    Transcender.

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 29, 2004
  5. Dale

    Guest Guest

    "kpg" wrote:
    > He is probably under pressure to have people PASS the test,
    > (as in his job) and the easy way is to teach the test instead of the
    > material.

    You're right kpg. This is exactly why instructors encourage using
    braindumps. Would you rather have a pass rate of 99% or 20% to your
    training center's credit?

    There is a huge difference between an MS training center having companies
    for clients and individuals for clients. When your client is a company, you
    are in most cases under contract to teach their employees the skills
    necessary to--in essence--run their organization's technology. In this
    case, certifications don't matter nearly as much, and the training can be
    largely customized to that client's technology infrastructure.

    On the other hand, when a training center caters to individuals, it's
    usually to make a quick buck by feeding the trainees a mind-numbing dose of
    test questions, so that they can get a pretty certificate. This is akin to
    when American pilots in Vietnam came home after 100 missions, whether or not
    they did anything. Nowadays, as in the Iraq war, our boys were over there
    until they got the job done, not until they got a pretty certificate of
    completion.

    The only truly successful individual-based MS training centers are those
    that have strict professional prerequisites (years of experience, prior
    certifications,etc.) before even stepping foot in the classroom.

    Guest, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Dale

    Dale B. Guest

    He just recommended doing an Internet search for "Braindumps".
    By the way, why don't you consider Transcender to be a dump?
    I've never seen Transcender, but if the questions are not actual copies of
    real test questions, then I could imagine that it would be helpful in test
    preparation and learning at the same time.

    Dale B.

    Dale B., Jul 29, 2004
  7. Dale

    Dale B. Guest

    It's clear to me now that training centers are actually businesses in a
    dog-eat-dog world.
    What I did get from the training center was a good introduction to some of
    the possibilities of .NET.
    However, I did have to put up with (almost daily) sales pitches and
    cheerleading. (Visual Studio, Rah Rah Rah! - Dot Net, Rah Rah Rah!) I was
    already sold on the technology, the course had already been paid for, and I
    just wanted to develop skills.
    To me, certificates are secondary to really being able to develop good
    stuff.
    Thanks to all for the replys.

    Dale B., Jul 29, 2004
  8. Dale

    Guest Guest

    Dale B.wrote:
    > However, I did have to put up with (almost daily) sales pitches and
    > cheerleading. (Visual Studio, Rah Rah Rah! - Dot Net, Rah Rah Rah!)

    Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft Certified Technical Education
    Centers (CTECs).

    > To me, certificates are secondary to really being able to develop good
    > stuff.

    You will go very far with that philosophy, Dale.

    Guest, Jul 30, 2004
  9. Dale

    Eric Guest

    Dale B. wrote:

    > He just recommended doing an Internet search for "Braindumps".
    > By the way, why don't you consider Transcender to be a dump?
    > I've never seen Transcender, but if the questions are not actual
    > copies of real test questions, then I could imagine that it would be
    > helpful in test preparation and learning at the same time.

    The Transcender .NET material is not actual test questions. But they
    are challenging questions, and they explain all of the answers: the
    right ones and the wrong ones.

    MeasureUp is similar, but MS actually recommends MeasureUp. Based on
    the demo questions I saw, they look very much like Transcenders.

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 30, 2004
  10. Dale

    Dale Guest

    The MeasureUp vs. Transcender issue is just marketing with Microsoft. Years
    ago, Transcender was their recommended practice test provider. It's all a
    matter of who gives the best deal to Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised to
    see Microsoft recommending TestKing if that's where they thought the most
    money would be made.

    Dale Preston
    MCAD, MCSE, MCDBA

    Dale, Aug 1, 2004