braindumps

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Andrew Lomakin, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps talking about.

    thanx
    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Andrew Lomakin

    Don Julio Guest

    it's a site where people put questions and answers from MCSE exams.
    Basically its cheating and cheapens the qualification. I have had to take
    mcp type exams at job interviews because the employer didn't trust entirely
    candidates quals.

    Cheers

    Don Julio, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Andrew Lomakin

    Paul Guest

    You don't want to know - just do your studying!

    Paul, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Andrew Lomakin

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > You don't want to know - just do your studying!

    I think you're wrong here...if he doesn't know what they are, how does he
    know to avoid them? It's not always obvious to tell the legit study guides
    from the dumps just by looking at the questions - because if you haven't
    taken the test before, how do you know if those questions will appear
    verbatim on the real exam? The first clue is the guarantee of a passing
    grade. In fact, there was a thread in here just a short while back in which
    the ways to tell a dump from a legit site were discussed.

    To the OP:
    It's good you asked what a dump was, and it's been answered already in this
    thread. Next step is to avoid them.

    McGruff says, "Don't do dumps."

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Andrew Lomakin

    Tron2004 Guest

    yeah I am sure he will avoid cheating now that he knows how to do it.

    Don't be a dumb ass and explain to someone what a braindump is. If they
    don't know they are better off.

    Tron2004, Dec 9, 2003
  6. Andrew Lomakin

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > yeah I am sure he will avoid cheating now that he knows how to do it.
    >
    > Don't be a dumb ass and explain to someone what a braindump is. If they
    > don't know they are better off.

    Don't be so jaded. Not everyone is looking for an easy way out. Besides, if
    he's going to cheat, I'd rather him *know* that he's cheating, so that
    there's a chance he'll feel guilty about it later - as opposed to using the
    dumps and not knowing about it, only to learn later that his studies (what
    he would view as studying - what we'd view as cheating) were using
    "illegal" materials.
    And it's not like braindumps are an original concept. Hell, high school
    kids do it. I'm sure if he *really* wanted to cheat, he would have gotten
    it in his head to search the web for exact exam questions.

    And on a related note...go back and read the thread. I didn't once say what
    a braindump actually was, I mentioned in passing what was wrong with
    verbatim questions - I didn't say "a braindump is such and such". The first
    reply specifically laid out the definition of a dump, to which I referred
    in my post. I did not tell the OP what a dump is.

    Robots...

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Andrew Lomakin

    |{evin Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:15:06 -0500, "Tron2004" <>
    wrote:

    >yeah I am sure he will avoid cheating now that he knows how to do it.
    >
    >Don't be a dumb ass and explain to someone what a braindump is. If they
    >don't know they are better off.

    It's 2004 already?
    |{evin, Dec 9, 2003
  8. hmm, other question:
    there are sample tests (like SelfTestSoftware practice test for 70-270). In
    that test i've encountered many questions that were same that ones on the
    exam. i passed with 867, but still got a question: are such practice tests
    legit?

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Andrew Lomakin

    Dave Guest

    SelfTestSoftware amd MeasureUp are actually recommended in MSPress books so
    yes they are legit.

    Dave, Dec 10, 2003
  10. Andrew Lomakin

    TN Guest

    Interesting. I wonder how useful it is to do MCP type testing at a job
    interview... Most of the stuff you do in the exams you will not likely do
    or see again because a lot of small to medium sized companies don't use it.
    Thus, you will not be current on it. The people that will do well in they
    type of interview would be the people just fresh out of the exam / course.
    The problem with interview type questions I have found is that they are
    written for the company not by the company. The person doing the interview
    does not have any idea if the questions are relevant or not. Just what the
    right answer is. Most often they are written by a 'consultant.

    I am an MCP on various products, MCDBA and one exam short of MCSE (216). I
    wouldn't do that well on any of those exams right now as I am not currently
    studying or using a lot of the topic material.

    The whole cert thing is BS anyway. It only gives a false impression of the
    capabilities of the person. People better at studying do better at the
    exams however for the practical person it is harder. (despite what Microsoft
    says about the practical side of the exams) For the practical people, the
    books are always there, the CD help files are always there...Committing
    little facts to memory is pointless except for MCP type tests in an
    interview.

    TN, Dec 10, 2003
  11. Andrew Lomakin

    TN Guest

    They are legit, despite the fact that they contain 'similar type questions'
    (where have we all seen that before) simply because Microsoft makes money
    from them.

    I barley scrape by on a lot of the tests I have done. Esp. 217 and 219.
    The only ones (exams and courses) I really learned anything I could use from
    were the ones like 210, 215, 224, 228, 229 etc. 217, 219 and those like
    them are cash grabs. Nothing more.

    TN, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Andrew Lomakin

    Consultant Guest

    idiot

    Consultant, Dec 10, 2003
  13. Andrew Lomakin

    Don Julio Guest

    > Im a good technician but as a network admin..Im average I suppose..

    hmm....why is that then!?!?

    > half of the times users know more than me but Im good at hiding it.

    What!

    > The ONLY consequence I ever paid was loosing my job as supervisor

    eh!

    > I never had a backup plan for the Exchange server and one morning it

    crashed,

    Expecting the innevitable....that's good

    > then a few weeks later I deleted alot of users profiles by mistake and the

    backup wasnt working
    > at that time..

    What the f....!

    >Im making money!!!

    Michael Jackson is making money but he is still a knob head!

    You really are a first class wanker

    kickinback, Dec 10, 2003
  15. Andrew Lomakin

    Dave Guest

    I do hope kickinback is joking.
    If not, you really are a dick. It's people like you that have devalued my
    MCSE that I worked long and hard for. No braindumps, no memorising answers,
    just study and experience.
    Oh, and now 5 years on I don't bluff or BS, I can still remember most of
    what I learnt. That's the difference between cheating and not.

    Dave

    Dave, Dec 10, 2003
  16. Andrew Lomakin

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    <snip dump propaganda>

    Forwarded this to Mike Phelp over at microsoft.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 10, 2003
  17. LOL

    :)

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 11, 2003
  18. Andrew Lomakin

    kickinback Guest

    Ok, everyone listen...this was a STUPID joke played on ME..these idio
    friends of mine did this to me..they thought it was funny. They alway
    see me studying for my exams at lunchtime and when they ask me to g
    out with them I always say I have to study...so they played a joke o
    me! Plus, I dont think anyone would be as stupid to make up stories an
    act like a child for something like this.

    Now lets get the story straight. I am not an MCSE or MCSA. They mad
    all the stuff up. I have a few exams from the old NT4 and not even on
    yet for the 2000 track, but Im studying for it. I want to apologize
    for their stupidity!,to anyone that was offended by this post.

    I dont know what this means below but if someone did report this to MS
    its a lie what they wrote. I hope this doest ruin all my studying fo
    nothing.

    KEN BRISCOE wrote this in reply to the post:

    <snip dump propaganda>

    Forwarded this to Mike Phelp over at microsoft.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    first initial last name AT hotmail DOT co

    kickinbac
    kickinback, Dec 15, 2003
  19. Andrew Lomakin

    Consultant Guest