Braindumpers - watch out!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Bryan, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    Bryan, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Bryan

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Well it's about bloody time! Maybe if they can keep it up & bust the whole
    damn lot of em, the certs may not be so worthless anymore....

    Lorne Smith, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    It is good news.

    I have my first MCAD exam next week (70-305), and was beginning to wonder
    whether it will be worth the paper it is printed on (assuming I
    pass...confidence level very low at the moment)

    Bryan, UK

    ---

    Bryan, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Bryan

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Best of luck... I've not booked mine yet as I'm only getting around 80% in
    the transcenders... (YOU try studying more with 2 screaming kids in the
    house!) Once I get it up to 95% I'll book it... Don't want to waste my cash
    :)

    TBH: I never really wanted the cert so I could prove a level of competance
    to potential employers, my experience does that for me... I just wanted it
    so I could say to myself that I really *do* know the subject... But if the
    perceived status of them improves, then all the better :)

    Lorne Smith, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    I'm in a similar situation:

    1. Screaming 11 month old (bless him!)
    2. Studying for NVQ Level 3 in Learning and Development (bloody boring)
    3. Working full time teaching computer illiterate people how to open there
    bloody email
    (SPAFEs)(I'd rather not!!).
    4. Stress about moving house...arrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5. And I've been set a time constraint on passing this bleeding
    exam.........

    Think I'll just end it all now!

    But, such is life!

    Best of luck and best wishes for your future exam endeavours.

    Bryan, UK

    ---

    Bryan, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Bryan

    Simon Guest

    I thought a pass was around 70%. Although this has not
    come from a official but it's what I have picked up in the
    industry.

    Simon.

    (http://www.grisoft.com).

    24/02/2004

    Simon, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Bryan

    Eric Guest

    Simon wrote:

    > I thought a pass was around 70%. Although this has not
    > come from a official but it's what I have picked up in the
    > industry.
    >
    > Simon.

    Yes, but we like to score higher on practice tests so we know we're
    ready. The questions won't be the same (unless you cheat), so you don't
    have a guarantee of passing just because you score over 70% on a
    practice test. It's best to get into the 90's on practice tests before
    you go for the real thing.

    Eric, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Bryan

    Lorne Smith Guest

    <Eric> wrote in message news:O09nU78#...
    > Simon wrote:
    >
    > > I thought a pass was around 70%. Although this has not
    > > come from a official but it's what I have picked up in the
    > > industry.
    > >
    > > Simon.

    > Yes, but we like to score higher on practice tests so we know we're
    > ready. The questions won't be the same (unless you cheat), so you don't
    > have a guarantee of passing just because you score over 70% on a
    > practice test. It's best to get into the 90's on practice tests before
    > you go for the real thing.

    Indeed... It's all about NOT wanting to throw your hard earned money
    away... What with the costs of the books & the practice tests, & VS.Net
    itself (ouch!) I don't have an awful lot spare to be wasting it on failing
    the exams!!

    Lorne Smith, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Bryan

    Simon Guest

    True. I'm currently scoring around 85% for exam 70-316.
    I'm using Amit Kalani and Professional C# 2nd Edition from
    QUE.
    I use C# everyday in my job so its good getting the
    experience. I am currently about 1/3 the way through Amit
    Kalani's book, but still like to take the tests just to
    see if I would pass in my current form.

    Simon.

    Simon, Feb 26, 2004