    What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
    Software and MeasureUp.

    Thanks in advance.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=, Jan 4, 2006

  2. You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test questions) and you
    might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get certified, get a job as an
    engineer and soon later fired because you have no idea what you're doing.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 4, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    kpg Guest

    The Rev [MCT] <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
    > AM) # You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
    > questions) and you might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get
    > certified, get a job as an engineer and soon later fired because you
    > have no idea what you're doing.

    But it looks GREAT on a resume!
    kpg, Jan 4, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > later fired because you have no idea what you're doing.

    .... and sued for gross incompetence.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
    >> AM) # You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
    >> questions) and you might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get
    >> certified, get a job as an engineer and soon later fired because you
    >> have no idea what you're doing.

    >But it looks GREAT on a resume!

    what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    > what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

    being a developer, I don't think the MCSE would hold as much value for
    you anyways.

    those of us on the infrastructure side (like Maggie for example) might
    find having it on there a tad more useful.

    I don't put certs on my resume now (or on my business cards - not enough
    space), just that I hold/have held certifications from various vendors
    with details available on request.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - PARODY ERROR: Cannot locate file WEIRD_AL.EXE
    Neil, Jan 4, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >those of us on the infrastructure side (like Maggie for example) might
    >find having it on there a tad more useful.

    You mean ol' Maggie's a dike? I mean, what use would she have for a
    chick magnet???

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    > You mean ol' Maggie's a dike? I mean, what use would she have for a
    > chick magnet???

    yes, I believe he is a dyke...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - If my PATH gets any bigger, it's gonna be a FREEWAY!!
    Neil, Jan 4, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    >>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
    >>> AM) # You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
    >>> questions) and you might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get
    >>> certified, get a job as an engineer and soon later fired because you
    >>> have no idea what you're doing.

    >>But it looks GREAT on a resume!

    > what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

    damn right. i don't list MCSE on my res. I am ashamed of it. :-?

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
    CBIC, circa 2005
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 4, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Briscobar Guest

    felipecpv <> rambled:

    > I've seen lots of discussion over this and would like to understand
    > better, not to use it, since it's cheating.
    >
    > What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
    > Software and MeasureUp.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Well, MCNGP guys, I'm a little disappointed that no one actually explained
    what a braindump is to the OP. I know we've been over it a billion times,
    but IMO, cheating is worse than being lazy, and I'll discourage that at any
    cost, even if it is spoonfeeding the lazy.

    So, here goes: Braindump sites generally pay people to take the exams. These
    people then write down as many of the questions and answers as they can
    remember (they "dump" their brains), and turn them in. The braindump sites
    then sell you these questions (sometimes poorly worded, misleading, and the
    answers are often straight-up wrong). The problem isn't people studying
    practice exams. The problem is people are studying from the REAL (or close
    to real) exam. This gives an unfair advantage, not to mention a violation of
    MS's NDA.

    Stick with your Transcender and Measure up. They're original questions based
    on the concepts needed to pass the relevant exam. They're not ACTUAL exam
    questions.

    Hope that cleared it up for you.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com is part of a balanced breakfast.
    Briscobar, Jan 4, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    kpg Guest

    Briscobar <> said something like

    > Well, MCNGP guys, I'm a little disappointed that no one actually
    > explained what a braindump is to the OP. I know we've been over it a
    > billion times, but IMO, cheating is worse than being lazy, and I'll
    > discourage that at any cost, even if it is spoonfeeding the lazy.

    Hey - that's covered in the FAQ isn't it?

    Oh wait...
    kpg, Jan 4, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in

    > Stick with your Transcender and Measure up.

    Transcenders...HAH! In you're FACE Kline!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Bad Command! Bad, Bad Command! Sit! Staaaaay...
    Neil, Jan 4, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 4, 2006 at 2:35pm "Briscobar" blathered:

    > Stick with your Transcender and Measure up. They're original questions
    > based on the concepts needed to pass the relevant exam. They're not
    > ACTUAL exam questions.

    selftestsoftware.com is better than transcenders.co.uk with updates

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    Be sure to check out MCNGP.net. "It's dot com!"
    TechGeekPro, Jan 4, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    CG101 Guest

    > On Jan 4, 2006 at 2:35pm "Briscobar" blathered:
    >
    > > Stick with your Transcender and Measure up. They're original questions
    > > based on the concepts needed to pass the relevant exam. They're not
    > > ACTUAL exam questions.

    > selftestsoftware.com is better than transcenders.co.uk with updates
    >
    > --
    > TGP MCNGP #100100
    >
    > We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    > Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.
    >
    > Be sure to check out MCNGP.net. "It's dot com!"

    I know that was testk1ng rib, but doesn't selftestsoftware own Transcenders
    now?

    --
    Cruz
    CompTIA A+ Certified, CompTIA Network+ Certified
    CG101, Jan 5, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    CG101 Guest

    "felipecpv" <> wrote in message
    > I've seen lots of discussion over this and would like to understand

    better,
    > not to use it, since it's cheating.
    >
    > What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
    > Software and MeasureUp.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You sure you and fmsmcse aren't friends....or perhaps, the same person?

    CG101, Jan 5, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Lasher Guest

    "CG101" <> wrote in

    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On Jan 4, 2006 at 2:35pm "Briscobar" blathered:
    >>
    >> > Stick with your Transcender and Measure up. They're original
    >> > questions based on the concepts needed to pass the relevant exam.
    >> > They're not ACTUAL exam questions.

    >> selftestsoftware.com is better than transcenders.co.uk with updates
    >>
    >> --
    >> TGP MCNGP #100100
    >>
    >> We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    >> Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.
    >>
    >> Be sure to check out MCNGP.net. "It's dot com!"

    > I know that was testk1ng rib, but doesn't selftestsoftware own
    > Transcenders now?

    Yes.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Lasher Guest

    "CG101" <> wrote in news:_g3vf.8362$2j2.6818
    @fe11.lga:

    > "felipecpv" <> wrote in message
    >> I've seen lots of discussion over this and would like to understand

    > better,
    >> not to use it, since it's cheating.
    >>
    >> What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
    >> Software and MeasureUp.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > You sure you and fmsmcse aren't friends....or perhaps, the same

    person?

    That would be a good assumption since fms did post at the MS forums.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >That would be a good assumption since fms did post at the MS forums.

    so do most trolls.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CG101" <> say in news:JX2vf.8360
    $:

    > but doesn't selftestsoftware own Transcenders
    > now?

    yep

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CG101" <> say in news:_g3vf.8362
    $:

    > or perhaps, the same person?

    I was thinkin the same thing recently about gtright or getrightonit or
    whatever his name is.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Whatever you delete today, you desperately need tomorrow.
    Neil, Jan 5, 2006