    peterwn Guest

    Why is TelstraClear totally unable to filter out spam E-mails that ask
    their customers to yield their userid's and passwords?
    peterwn, Aug 9, 2008

  2. peterwn

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:19:19 -0700 (PDT), peterwn
    <> wrote:

    >Why is TelstraClear totally unable to filter out spam E-mails that ask
    >their customers to yield their userid's and passwords?

    Guess that's not as bad as Vodafone (ihug) who actually asked me for
    mine in an email when I was complaining about the news server in June.

    Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line help
    service. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

    Subject
    The ihug news server hasn't connected to the outside world since the
    28th Jun...

    Discussion Thread
    Response (Shand K) 03/07/2008 08:14 AM
    Dear Craig

    Thank you for your website enquiry.

    So that we can assist you further, please reply and include the
    following details:

    * The Mobile Number (if not already provided)
    * The Account Number
    * The four-digit PIN on your account.

    We require this information due to the restrictions imposed by the
    Privacy Act.

    If you cannot remember your PIN, we ask that you the following
    Questions:

    Date of birth
    Middle name (or advise that you do not have one)
    Current billing address

    Once this information is provided, we will release any relevant
    information, make any changes or confirm any details on your
    connection.
    Craig Shore, Aug 10, 2008

  3. peterwn

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Shore" typed:
    > On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:19:19 -0700 (PDT), peterwn
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Why is TelstraClear totally unable to filter out spam E-mails that
    >> ask their customers to yield their userid's and passwords?

    > Guess that's not as bad as Vodafone (ihug) who actually asked me for
    > mine in an email when I was complaining about the news server in June.
    >

    > Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line help
    > service. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
    >

    > Subject
    > The ihug news server hasn't connected to the outside world since the
    > 28th Jun...
    >
    > Discussion Thread
    > Response (Shand K) 03/07/2008 08:14 AM
    > Dear Craig
    >
    > Thank you for your website enquiry.
    >
    > So that we can assist you further, please reply and include the
    > following details:
    >
    > * The Mobile Number (if not already provided)
    > * The Account Number
    > * The four-digit PIN on your account.
    >
    > We require this information due to the restrictions imposed by the
    > Privacy Act.
    >
    > If you cannot remember your PIN, we ask that you the following
    > Questions:
    >
    > Date of birth
    > Middle name (or advise that you do not have one)
    > Current billing address
    >
    > Once this information is provided, we will release any relevant
    > information, make any changes or confirm any details on your
    > connection.

    One thing I like about Actrix is that they often remind you that they will
    *never* ask for your log-in details by email so any email requesting such is
    phishing and to report it to them.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 11, 2008