  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?
    Guest, Feb 8, 2005

  2. doncgillette#hotmail.com wrote:
    > Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?

    PotD

    or maybe

    IotD
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 8, 2005

  3. I vote the latter.

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear <doncgillette#hotmail.com> say in news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn-
    :

    > Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?

    Brainbench might

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - SPECIMEN: An Italian astronaut.
    Neil, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Neil wrote:
    > did you hear <doncgillette#hotmail.com> say in
    > news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn- :
    >
    >> Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?
    >>

    > Brainbench might

    The idea of someone wanting to br@indump a completely worthless
    certification just shickles the tit out of me {$1 to JaR}

    Even as a former brainbench "centurian", a brainbench certificate makes an
    MCP look like a Doctoral Degree.

    I don't think they're going to send me any more free exam vouchers anymore
    once someone from there reads this.
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    LnkWizard Guest

    "The Rev (MCT)" <> wrote in message
    > I vote the latter.
    >
    > --
    > "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    > Microsoft Certified Trainer
    >
    > Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
    > justafreak.com
    > .
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > > doncgillette#hotmail.com wrote:
    > > > Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?

    > > PotD
    > >
    > > or maybe
    > >
    > > IotD

    I will join the Rev on that, a definite IotD

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Feb 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    <doncgillette#hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?

    Oh sweet Christ. I just felt the Idiot Factor increase significantly.

    Ken
    Briscobar, Feb 9, 2005
  8. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in

    > Neil wrote:
    >> did you hear <doncgillette#hotmail.com> say in
    >> news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn- :
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?
    >>>

    >> Brainbench might

    > The idea of someone wanting to br@indump a completely worthless
    > certification just shickles the tit out of me {$1 to JaR}
    >
    > Even as a former brainbench "centurian", a brainbench certificate
    > makes an MCP look like a Doctoral Degree.
    >
    > I don't think they're going to send me any more free exam vouchers
    > anymore once someone from there reads this.

    actually, i took one of the Linux free brainbench exams recently. i passed
    but bearly. they are a helluva lot harder than anything CompTIA will test
    you on. i don't know how they compare to LPI exams - but it wasn't easy let
    me tell you.

    RY

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 10, 2005
  9. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    <doncgillette#hotmail.com> wrote in news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn-
    :

    > Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?

    the brainbench exams are quazi "open book". you are allowed to google the
    answers if you don't know them.

    btw - you still suck!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 10, 2005
  10. Rowdy Yates wrote:
    > Frisbee® <> wrote in
    >
    >> Neil wrote:
    >>> did you hear <doncgillette#hotmail.com> say in
    >>> news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn- :

    >>> Brainbench might

    >> The idea of someone wanting to br@indump a completely worthless
    >> certification just shickles the tit out of me {$1 to JaR}
    >>
    >> Even as a former brainbench "centurian", a brainbench certificate
    >> makes an MCP look like a Doctoral Degree.
    >>
    >> I don't think they're going to send me any more free exam vouchers
    >> anymore once someone from there reads this.
    >>

    > actually, i took one of the Linux free brainbench exams recently. i
    > passed but bearly. they are a helluva lot harder than anything
    > CompTIA will test you on. i don't know how they compare to LPI exams
    > - but it wasn't easy let me tell you.

    I don't question the difficulty of their tests. None of the over one
    hundred that I've taken there was easy, not even the ones that directly
    affect my job, with over 20 year's experience. I only question BB's
    acceptance as a "recognized certification."

    On the other hand, I have several certifications from BB that I had
    absolutely no business passing, just by using common sense in answering
    questions.
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 10, 2005
  11. Rowdy Yates wrote:
    > <doncgillette#hotmail.com> wrote in news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn-
    > :
    >
    >> Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?
    >>

    > the brainbench exams are quazi "open book". you are allowed to google
    > the answers if you don't know them.
    >

    > btw - you still suck!

    Depending on which test, however, you only have about three minutes per
    question. More than enough time if you know the material, but not nearly
    enough if you're an inept googler or have a machine that's as slow as
    molasses. Some exams (like math exams for example) have less than 30
    seconds per question, barely enough to read the question.
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 10, 2005
  12. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > actually, i took one of the Linux free brainbench exams recently. i
    > passed but bearly. they are a helluva lot harder than anything CompTIA
    > will test you on. i don't know how they compare to LPI exams - but it
    > wasn't easy let me tell you.

    Let me just ask you one thing.

    Would the test have been any easier if you actually *knew* anything about
    Linux?<EG>

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 10, 2005
  13. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in news:Olpo9A3DFHA.3928
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > Rowdy Yates wrote:
    >> <doncgillette#hotmail.com> wrote in news:nfCdnX9y5O5buJTfRVn-
    >> :
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have copies of Brainbench exams?
    >>>

    >> the brainbench exams are quazi "open book". you are allowed to google
    >> the answers if you don't know them.
    >>

    >> btw - you still suck!

    > Depending on which test, however, you only have about three minutes per
    > question. More than enough time if you know the material, but not

    nearly
    > enough if you're an inept googler or have a machine that's as slow as
    > molasses. Some exams (like math exams for example) have less than 30
    > seconds per question, barely enough to read the question.

    oh.. i only took the linux one. i thought all were the same. mia colpa.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 10, 2005
  14. Guest

    jwilliamsoh

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    I live right here.
    Brain Bench

    Hmm... No, I asked them.. They don't have the answers either ;)

    Honestly, I have found their tests to be pretty hard overall.

    jwilliamsoh, Jul 14, 2008