BP must die :)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Aug 25, 2010.

  1. For their sins:

    The scene is apocalyptic.
    -It is one of the more disgusting, vile scenes I’ve ever seen.
    -I look over to see Erika taking photos, tears running down her cheeks.
    -All of us are devastated.
    -Throughout the day, the question “what have we done” drifts into my
    consciousness.
    -What have we done? How has it come to this? Where do we go from here?
    -Rage at BP melds into a broader anger at all of us for having let it
    come to this.
    -What did Jamail and his crew see that caused these deep feelings of sorrow?

    Casse-tete Isle, Lafourche Parish, Louisiana:

    -Oil-soaked marsh abounds, and the island smells like a gas station.
    -Piles of oiled oysters rest on the tide line.
    -Everywhere I step near the water, sheen bubbles up out of the soil.
    -Inland, we find tide pools filled with brown oil and sheen.

    Timbalier Isle, Louisiana:

    -Huge mats of fresh tar.
    -The farther inland we travel, the worse things become.
    -It’s as though the entire island is a sponge filled with sheen and oil.
    -Several inland pools… are literally oil pits.
    -In one of the pools, brown liquid oil floats atop areas where the sand
    underneath is literally black with crude oil.
    -Sorbent booms blackened and browned with oil lay chaotically in the lagoon.
    -“This is some of the worst I’ve seen,” says Jonathan, who has been out
    investigating the results of the BP oil disaster every week since it
    started in April.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 25, 2010

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/25/2010 10:25 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > For their sins:
    >
    > The scene is apocalyptic.
    > -It is one of the more disgusting, vile scenes I’ve ever seen.
    > -I look over to see Erika taking photos, tears running down her cheeks.
    > -All of us are devastated.
    > -Throughout the day, the question “what have we done” drifts into my
    > consciousness.
    > -What have we done?

    <Snip Ambiguous Rambling>
    Where are all the broken links to all this daft information?

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Aug 25, 2010

  3. §ñühw¤£f

    Mike Easter Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > snuhwolf wrote

    >> The scene is apocalyptic.
    >> -It is one of the more disgusting, vile scenes I’ve ever seen.
    >> -I look over to see Erika taking photos, tears running down her cheeks.
    >> -All of us are devastated.
    >> -Throughout the day, the question “what have we done” drifts into my
    >> consciousness.
    >> -What have we done?

    > <Snip Ambiguous Rambling>
    > Where are all the broken links to all this daft information?

    Snuhwolf snarfed it from here (or someplace that copied from there)
    http://peek.snipr.com/10ss7f -- but that post to democratic underground
    was snarfed/extracted from here which has lots of pics
    http://www.truth-out.org/how-has-it-come-this62558

    Truth out did it in illustrated journalistic prose style and then the
    blog contributor did it staccato style.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 25, 2010
  4. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/25/2010 11:01 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Easter wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> snuhwolf wrote

    >>> The scene is apocalyptic.
    >>> -It is one of the more disgusting, vile scenes I’ve ever seen.
    >>> -I look over to see Erika taking photos, tears running down her cheeks.
    >>> -All of us are devastated.
    >>> -Throughout the day, the question “what have we done” drifts into my
    >>> consciousness.
    >>> -What have we done?

    >> <Snip Ambiguous Rambling>
    >> Where are all the broken links to all this daft information?
    >>

    > Snuhwolf snarfed it from here (or someplace that copied from there)
    > http://peek.snipr.com/10ss7f -- but that post to democratic underground
    > was snarfed/extracted from here which has lots of pics
    > http://www.truth-out.org/how-has-it-come-this62558
    >
    > Truth out did it in illustrated journalistic prose style and then the
    > blog contributor did it staccato style.

    Thanks for the link Mike, sure some spooky shit hey.

    OldGringo38, Aug 25, 2010
  5. §ñühw¤£f

    NotMe Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On 8/25/2010 10:25 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> For their sins:
    >>
    >> The scene is apocalyptic.
    >> -It is one of the more disgusting, vile scenes I’ve ever seen.
    >> -I look over to see Erika taking photos, tears running down her cheeks.
    >> -All of us are devastated.
    >> -Throughout the day, the question “what have we done” drifts into my
    >> consciousness.
    >> -What have we done?

    > <Snip Ambiguous Rambling>

    > Where are all the broken links to all this daft information?

    The reports are consistent with my extended family (who've hunted and fished
    the area for over a hundred years) have relayed in our private
    conversations.
    NotMe, Aug 25, 2010
  6. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/25/2010 11:15 AM Just to please that super-ego, NotMe wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 8/25/2010 10:25 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> For their sins:
    >>>
    >>> The scene is apocalyptic.
    >>> -It is one of the more disgusting, vile scenes I’ve ever seen.
    >>> -I look over to see Erika taking photos, tears running down her cheeks.
    >>> -All of us are devastated.
    >>> -Throughout the day, the question “what have we done” drifts into my
    >>> consciousness.
    >>> -What have we done?

    >> <Snip Ambiguous Rambling>

    >> Where are all the broken links to all this daft information?
    >>

    > The reports are consistent with my extended family (who've hunted and fished
    > the area for over a hundred years) have relayed in our private
    > conversations.

    Yes.

    OldGringo38, Aug 25, 2010
  7. OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 8/25/2010 11:15 AM Just to please that super-ego, NotMe wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >>> On 8/25/2010 10:25 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> <Snip Ambiguous Rambling>

    >>> Where are all the broken links to all this daft information?
    >>>

    >> The reports are consistent with my extended family (who've hunted and
    >> fished
    >> the area for over a hundred years) have relayed in our private
    >> conversations.
    >>

    > Yes.

    So maybe yu wanna do something to change things fer the better:
    http://www.citizen.org/page.aspx?pid=3311

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 26, 2010
  8. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/26/2010 9:51 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 8/25/2010 11:15 AM Just to please that super-ego, NotMe wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message

    >>> The reports are consistent with my extended family (who've hunted and
    >>> fished
    >>> the area for over a hundred years) have relayed in our private
    >>> conversations.
    >>>

    >> Yes.
    >>

    > So maybe yu wanna do something to change things fer the better:
    > http://www.citizen.org/page.aspx?pid=3311
    >
    > HTH

    I'm too busy.

    OldGringo38, Aug 26, 2010
  9. §ñühw¤£f

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:45:55 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 8/26/2010 9:51 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> On 8/25/2010 11:15 AM Just to please that super-ego, NotMe wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> Yes.
    >>>

    >> So maybe yu wanna do something to change things fer the better:
    >> http://www.citizen.org/page.aspx?pid=3311
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > I'm too busy.

    I did something to change things for the better, I watched the video :)

    Meat Plow, Aug 26, 2010
  10. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/26/2010 10:50 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:45:55 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 8/26/2010 9:51 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> So maybe yu wanna do something to change things fer the better:
    >>> http://www.citizen.org/page.aspx?pid=3311
    >>>
    >>> HTH
    >>>

    >> I'm too busy.

    > I did something to change things for the better, I watched the video :)

    Perfect, I call that participation. Way to go.

    OldGringo38, Aug 26, 2010
  11. §ñühw¤£f

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:56:47 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 8/26/2010 10:50 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:45:55 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 8/26/2010 9:51 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> I'm too busy.

    >> I did something to change things for the better, I watched the video :)
    >>

    > Perfect, I call that participation. Way to go.

    Thanks. Now watch the videos I posted today.

    Meat Plow, Aug 26, 2010
  12. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/26/2010 4:47 PM Just to please that super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > In message<i5627d$99q$-september.org>, OldGringo38 pondered the
    > following:
    >> On 8/26/2010 9:51 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >> wrote the

    >>> So maybe yu wanna do something to change things fer the better:
    >>> http://www.citizen.org/page.aspx?pid=3311
    >>>
    >>> HTH
    >>>

    >> I'm too busy.
    >>

    > My worthlessness is noted.
    >
    > <nods>

    LOL

    OldGringo38, Aug 27, 2010
  13. OldGringo38 <> pinched out a steaming pile

    more nervous laughter I see...

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 27, 2010
  14. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/26/2010 11:46 PM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the

    I laugh at you to keep from crying.

    OldGringo38, Aug 27, 2010