    I would be gratful if anybody could help me as i am only a beginer with
    computers.
    Thanks Lesley
    Lesley Mercy, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Lesley Mercy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Lesley Mercy, <> wrote:

    > Hi I have problem when i start up my computer first i get cannot find
    > the file fnltdr or one of its components, makes sure the path and file
    > name are correct and that all required Libraries are available.

    I've talked to many.

    > When i click close another one come, "could not load or run "fnltdr
    > .exe" specified in the WIN.INI file.

    It's not surprising there's another one come. They're everywhere.

    > Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the refernce to it
    > in the WIN.INI file.

    Get rid of SP2.

    > I have tryed to find it but with no look.

    I've had it up to here.

    > After I have closed thoes two down this one comes with same two message
    > but this time it's about "info32exe.

    I've always thought that.

    > I got this computer from a friend and have fitted Ad-ware and Avg
    > software.

    You have spyware.

    > I would be gratful if anybody could help me as i am only a beginer with
    > computers.

    Do you know what happened to the computer?

    > Thanks Lesley.

    Thanks for your time. I am looking forward to your reply.
    pcbutts1, Jul 29, 2005

  3. Lesley Mercy

    dworkin Guest

    Lesley Mercy wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have problem when i start up my computer first i get
    > " cannot find the file fnltdr" or one of its components, makes sure
    > the path and file name are correct and that all required Libraries are
    > available. When i click close another one come, "could not load or run
    > "fnltdr .exe" specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists
    > on your computer or remove the refernce to it in the WIN.INI file.
    > I have tryed to find it but with no look.
    >
    > After I have closed thoes two down this one comes with same two
    > message but this time it's about "info32exe.
    > I got this computer from a friend and have fitted Ad-ware and Avg
    > software.
    > I would be gratful if anybody could help me as i am only a beginer
    > with
    > computers.
    > Thanks Lesley

    What operating system?

    When you get a second-hand computer, the smartest thing to do is format
    the drive and clean install. Your friend should have given you all the
    software that came with the computer, including the operating system
    disk. If they didn't, ask them for it. Or you didn't get such a nice
    present.

    Update Ad-aware and also get Spybot Search & Destroy. Update your AVG
    virus definitions. Scan with all of those programs in Safe Mode. To get
    into Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key as the computer is starting
    up.

    Since you are a beginner, it might be smarter for you to take the
    machine to a local computer professional (not your local equivalent of
    BigStoreUSA).

    Dworkin
    --
    "And that's how we learned our lesson!"
    - Bender
    dworkin, Jul 29, 2005
  4. Lesley Mercy

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:31:23 GMT, Lesley Mercy wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have problem when i start up my computer first i get
    >" cannot find the file fnltdr" or one of its components, makes sure the path

    Is the spelling you gave above - fnltdr , correct?

    >and file name are correct and that all required Libraries are available.
    >When i click close another one come, "could not load or run "fnltdr .exe"
    >specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists on your computer or
    >remove the refernce to it in the WIN.INI file.
    >I have tryed to find it but with no look.

    Search www.google.com for - fnltdr.exe

    It's adware -
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.searchcounter.html

    Symptoms
    * On logon, Windows error messages are displayed, stating that
    "fntldr.exe cannot be found."

    there is a set of manual removal instructions on the above page.

    and

    http://startup.iamnotageek.com/srch-fntldr.exe.html
    "CoolWebSearch parasite variant"

    >After I have closed thoes two down this one comes with same two message but
    >this time it's about "info32exe.
    >I got this computer from a friend and have fitted Ad-ware and Avg software.

    The usual list posted often in 24HSHD is, this is from a °Mike° post.

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.or g/
    SpyBot S&D guide
    http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~netw ork/spybot/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster
    http://www.wilderssecurity.net /spywareblaster.html
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.co m/spywareblaster.html
    http://www.net-integration.net /tools/spywareblaster.html

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://www.merijn.org/cwschron icles.html
    http://www.merijn.org/files/cw shredder.zip
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/Co olWebSearch.html
    CWS.SmartKiller
    http://www.safer-networking.or g/files/delcwssk.zip

    If merijn.org is down, you can get new updates from
    the MajorGeeks mirror (direct link):
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H 24932667

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jul 29, 2005
  5. Lesley Mercy

    Lesley Mercy Guest

    "dworkin" <> wrote in message
    > Lesley Mercy wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I have problem when i start up my computer first i get
    > > " cannot find the file fnltdr" or one of its components, makes sure
    > > the path and file name are correct and that all required Libraries are
    > > available. When i click close another one come, "could not load or run
    > > "fnltdr .exe" specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists
    > > on your computer or remove the refernce to it in the WIN.INI file.
    > > I have tryed to find it but with no look.
    > >
    > > After I have closed thoes two down this one comes with same two
    > > message but this time it's about "info32exe.
    > > I got this computer from a friend and have fitted Ad-ware and Avg
    > > software.
    > > I would be gratful if anybody could help me as i am only a beginer
    > > with
    > > computers.
    > > Thanks Lesley

    > What operating system?
    >
    > When you get a second-hand computer, the smartest thing to do is format
    > the drive and clean install. Your friend should have given you all the
    > software that came with the computer, including the operating system
    > disk. If they didn't, ask them for it. Or you didn't get such a nice
    > present.
    >
    > Update Ad-aware and also get Spybot Search & Destroy. Update your AVG
    > virus definitions. Scan with all of those programs in Safe Mode. To get
    > into Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key as the computer is starting
    > up.
    >
    > Since you are a beginner, it might be smarter for you to take the
    > machine to a local computer professional (not your local equivalent of
    > BigStoreUSA).
    >
    > Dworkin
    > --
    > "And that's how we learned our lesson!"
    > - Bender

    Thanks will copy everybody's idea's, but when i solve one thing something
    else goes wrong cheers anyway
    It's windows 98
    Lesley Mercy, Jul 29, 2005
  6. Lesley Mercy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Click "Start", "Run", type "msconfig" and click "OK". Then
    click on the "Startup" tab, uncheck the "fnltdr.exe" and
    "info32.exe" entries and click "OK".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 30, 2005
  7. Lesley Mercy

    Lesley Mercy Guest

    Well not all of us can afford a new computer never mind taking it to a
    professional, some of us have to do the best we can, with a little help from
    helpful people.by

    Lesley Mercy, Jul 30, 2005
  8. Lesley Mercy

    Lesley Mercy Guest

    God i cant believe it, i did what you said below so smple and those dam
    boxes have now gone if you were here i would give you a kiss or a drink....

    Lesley Mercy, Jul 31, 2005
  9. Lesley Mercy

    uh Clem Guest

    With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:31:23 GMT,
    "Lesley Mercy" <> mumbled:

    >Hi
    >I have problem when i start up my computer first i get
    >" cannot find the file fnltdr" or one of its components, makes sure the path
    >and file name are correct and that all required Libraries are available.
    >When i click close another one come, "could not load or run "fnltdr .exe"
    >specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists on your computer or
    >remove the refernce to it in the WIN.INI file.
    >I have tryed to find it but with no look.
    >
    >After I have closed thoes two down this one comes with same two message but
    >this time it's about "info32exe.
    >I got this computer from a friend and have fitted Ad-ware and Avg software.
    > I would be gratful if anybody could help me as i am only a beginer with
    >computers.
    >Thanks Lesley

    OS?
    I once had a PC with Windoze 3.11, then 95, then 98 on it & it did
    such things. I found that I had deleted some .exe files or parts of
    programs somewhere along the line and Winders was trying to load the
    program at startup but the things it needed to do that were gone.

    I think you have similar problems. Click Start, Run, and type in
    sysedit and hit OK then find fnltdr .exe and put a semi-colon in front
    of it & save.

    Reboot & see if that don't fixerup.
    uh Clem, Jul 31, 2005