    How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    What game are they playing at???
    Anonymous User, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Anonymous User

    GraB Guest

    On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    User) wrote:

    >I bought a copy of DVD-RegionFree (http://www.dvdidle.com) in their
    >combo pack with DVDFab and UltraDVD.
    >
    >The player, UltraDVD, has the company's logo permanently displayed on
    >the upper right-hand corner when playing anything, and it cannot be
    >made to go away. I wrote to the DVDIdle people, told them about it,
    >and they confirmed, it cannot be made to go away.
    >
    >How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    >the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    >What game are they playing at???

    Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    graphics.
    GraB, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Anonymous User

    james Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    > User) wrote:
    > Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    > be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    > graphics.

    It would take a LONG time displaying a permanent on-screen graphic to begin
    to cause problems.
    Besides, that sort of thing (burned in images on screen) is more or less a
    thing of the past.
    New TV's and Computer Monitors don't have that problem.
    I would think that would be the least of anyone's worries.
    james
    james, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Anonymous User

    Karl Guest

    Plasma screens will burn an image within a day

    Know the hard way had a matrix menu screen burnt into one on a job we was
    doing!

    Karl, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Re: Bought DVD-RegionFree bundled with UltraDVD -- player has logopermanently on screen!

    james wrote:

    > "GraB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    >>User) wrote:
    >>Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    >>be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    >>graphics.

    > It would take a LONG time displaying a permanent on-screen graphic to begin
    > to cause problems.
    > Besides, that sort of thing (burned in images on screen) is more or less a
    > thing of the past.
    > New TV's and Computer Monitors don't have that problem.
    > I would think that would be the least of anyone's worries.
    > james

    As someone else said, plasma is prone to burn-ins (as well as rear
    projection). However LCD (at least on laptops) have greatly improved
    resistance to it.

    Adios,
    ~Nick
    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Anonymous User

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, GraB <> wrote:
    >On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    >User) wrote:
    >
    >>I bought a copy of DVD-RegionFree (http://www.dvdidle.com) in their
    >>combo pack with DVDFab and UltraDVD.
    >>
    >>The player, UltraDVD, has the company's logo permanently displayed on
    >>the upper right-hand corner when playing anything, and it cannot be
    >>made to go away. I wrote to the DVDIdle people, told them about it,
    >>and they confirmed, it cannot be made to go away.
    >>
    >>How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    >>the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    >>What game are they playing at???

    >Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    >be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    >graphics.

    From what i understand , the free demo download has this logo, the purchased
    one should not.
    GMAN, Dec 25, 2003
  7. Anonymous User

    noway Guest

    > The player, UltraDVD, has the company's logo permanently displayed on
    > the upper right-hand corner when playing anything, and it cannot be
    > made to go away. I wrote to the DVDIdle people, told them about it,
    > and they confirmed, it cannot be made to go away.
    >
    > How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    > the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    > What game are they playing at???

    If you don't like it, send it back. I think its totally unacceptable myself,
    and I wouldn't pay for anything like that. Probably why I would never buy
    anything from 321 Studios.
    noway, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Anonymous User

    Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 08:32:56 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    >User) wrote:
    >
    >>I bought a copy of DVD-RegionFree (http://www.dvdidle.com) in their
    >>combo pack with DVDFab and UltraDVD.
    >>
    >>The player, UltraDVD, has the company's logo permanently displayed on
    >>the upper right-hand corner when playing anything, and it cannot be
    >>made to go away. I wrote to the DVDIdle people, told them about it,
    >>and they confirmed, it cannot be made to go away.
    >>
    >>How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    >>the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    >>What game are they playing at???

    >Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    >be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    >graphics.

    An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.
    , Dec 26, 2003
  9. Anonymous User

    Justin Guest

    wrote on [Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:59:26 -0500]:
    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 08:32:56 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    >>User) wrote:
    >>
    >>>I bought a copy of DVD-RegionFree (http://www.dvdidle.com) in their
    >>>combo pack with DVDFab and UltraDVD.
    >>>
    >>>The player, UltraDVD, has the company's logo permanently displayed on
    >>>the upper right-hand corner when playing anything, and it cannot be
    >>>made to go away. I wrote to the DVDIdle people, told them about it,
    >>>and they confirmed, it cannot be made to go away.
    >>>
    >>>How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    >>>the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    >>>What game are they playing at???

    >>Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    >>be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    >>graphics.

    > An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    > pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    > be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.

    Yup, the philosophy of theft is great. Why not go download a television?
    Justin, Dec 26, 2003
  10. Anonymous User

    GraB Guest

    >> An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    >> pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    >> be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.

    >Yup, the philosophy of theft is great. Why not go download a television?

    Can you do that?
    GraB, Dec 27, 2003
  11. Anonymous User

    josh Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > >> An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    > >> pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    > >> be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.

    > >Yup, the philosophy of theft is great. Why not go download a television?

    > Can you do that?

    I downloaded a 50" HDTV plasma display. It took a realllly long time though.
    josh, Dec 27, 2003
  12. Anonymous User

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 04:56:35 GMT, "josh"
    <> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >Yup, the philosophy of theft is great. Why not go download a television?

    >> Can you do that?

    >I downloaded a 50" HDTV plasma display. It took a realllly long time though.

    You would need a special download manager.
    GraB, Dec 27, 2003
  13. Anonymous User

    Skid Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 08:32:56 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    > >On 24 Dec 2003 11:14:59 -0800, (Anonymous
    > >User) wrote:
    > >
    > >>I bought a copy of DVD-RegionFree (http://www.dvdidle.com) in their
    > >>combo pack with DVDFab and UltraDVD.
    > >>
    > >>The player, UltraDVD, has the company's logo permanently displayed on
    > >>the upper right-hand corner when playing anything, and it cannot be
    > >>made to go away. I wrote to the DVDIdle people, told them about it,
    > >>and they confirmed, it cannot be made to go away.
    > >>
    > >>How can they SELL this software without giving you the option to make
    > >>the logo disappear? Does that limit the ability to use the thing?
    > >>What game are they playing at???

    > >Also, some types of TV displays, such as the rear-projection type, can
    > >be damaged, not covered in the warranty, by permanent on-screen
    > >graphics.

    > An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    > pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    > be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.

    What's truly amazing about this is that the FREEWARE is better and more
    reliable than the crap these people sell. Most of that stuff isn't WORTH
    stealing.

    I've actually made PayPal donations to people who programmed DVD Shrink and
    DVD Decrypter. Those guys know how to code a simple but reliable piece of
    software.

    On the other hand, when it comes to software DVD Players, the free ones just
    don't cut it. I use ATI MMC, which comes bundled with some damn fine video
    cards. But I've also used PowerDVD, and it's worth what you have to pay for
    it.

    The fact of the matter is, a fair number of the companies selling software
    to pirate DVDs are little better than pirates themselves. Some of them have
    actually resold "suites" of bundled freeware with the names changed. Others
    sell stuff so buggy it can't be trusted, or it comes loaded with spyware,
    and so on.

    It cracks me up when people come here asking for cracks of programs that
    will bring them nothing but grief if they managed to get them installed.
    Skid, Dec 27, 2003
  14. Anonymous User

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:53:55 GMT, "Skid" <>
    wrote:
    >> An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    >> pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    >> be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.

    >What's truly amazing about this is that the FREEWARE is better and more
    >reliable than the crap these people sell. Most of that stuff isn't WORTH
    >stealing.
    >
    >I've actually made PayPal donations to people who programmed DVD Shrink and
    >DVD Decrypter. Those guys know how to code a simple but reliable piece of
    >software.
    >
    >On the other hand, when it comes to software DVD Players, the free ones just
    >don't cut it. I use ATI MMC, which comes bundled with some damn fine video
    >cards. But I've also used PowerDVD, and it's worth what you have to pay for
    >it.

    I tried Ulead DVD Player recently and was amazed that they ask money
    for that. For a free player, Zoom Player is better with more
    features. Normally I use PowerDVD 4. Had a try of v5 but prefer v4.
    One thing that Zoom Player has, as suggested by its name, is the
    ability to zoom in in variable amounts, which most other DVD players
    don't have. You can right-click on the picture and select one of many
    funtions for your mouse wheel, including volume and zoom. I wish it
    could do still captures like PowerDVD.

    http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml
    GraB, Dec 28, 2003
  15. Anonymous User

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:07:03 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:53:55 GMT, "Skid" <>
    >wrote:
    >>> An example of why warez continue to be posted and downloaded: when you
    >>> pay for software you often get screwed. When you get it free, you can
    >>> be much more philosophical about its shortcomings.

    >>What's truly amazing about this is that the FREEWARE is better and more
    >>reliable than the crap these people sell. Most of that stuff isn't WORTH
    >>stealing.
    >>
    >>I've actually made PayPal donations to people who programmed DVD Shrink and
    >>DVD Decrypter. Those guys know how to code a simple but reliable piece of
    >>software.
    >>
    >>On the other hand, when it comes to software DVD Players, the free ones just
    >>don't cut it. I use ATI MMC, which comes bundled with some damn fine video
    >>cards. But I've also used PowerDVD, and it's worth what you have to pay for
    >>it.
    >>

    >I tried Ulead DVD Player recently and was amazed that they ask money
    >for that. For a free player, Zoom Player is better with more
    >features. Normally I use PowerDVD 4. Had a try of v5 but prefer v4.
    >One thing that Zoom Player has, as suggested by its name, is the
    >ability to zoom in in variable amounts, which most other DVD players
    >don't have. You can right-click on the picture and select one of many
    >funtions for your mouse wheel, including volume and zoom. I wish it
    >could do still captures like PowerDVD.
    >
    >http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

    Oops. I normally use PowerDVD for DVD playback, but I could swear I
    used ZoomPlayer once for DVD playback, but it seems only the Pro
    version will play DVDs. It is good for playing other video types
    though. I use it as the standard player for all my DivX files now.
    At US$19.95 for the Pro version I think it would be worth paying for
    especially when the rather basic and flawed Ulead DVD Player was $30.
    GraB, Dec 28, 2003
  16. Anonymous User

    GraB Guest

    >>http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml
    >
    >Oops. I normally use PowerDVD for DVD playback, but I could swear I
    >used ZoomPlayer once for DVD playback, but it seems only the Pro
    >version will play DVDs. It is good for playing other video types
    >though. I use it as the standard player for all my DivX files now.
    >At US$19.95 for the Pro version I think it would be worth paying for
    >especially when the rather basic and flawed Ulead DVD Player was $30.

    Been trying out the Pro version. Has anyone used it? Stuffed if I
    can get the damn programme to work on DVDs. By jumping forward I can
    get it to play the DVD but the menues just won't work, so I can't go
    back to Chapter 1.
    GraB, Dec 29, 2003