    The bar at the bottom of my screen disappears,(just like that) and the only
    way to get it back is by placing my mouse at the bottom of the screen and it
    comes back...Any ideas on how I can keep it in view. Thanks

    David Jones, Nov 2, 2009

  2. David Jones

    meerkat Guest

    "David Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:aUFHm.33189$2...
    > The bar at the bottom of my screen disappears,(just like that) and the
    > only
    > way to get it back is by placing my mouse at the bottom of the screen and
    > it
    > comes back...Any ideas on how I can keep it in view. Thanks

    Bring it back, as you said, then, rt/click on it, and `lock taskbar`.

    meerkat, Nov 2, 2009

  3. David Jones

    VanguardLH Guest

    David Jones wrote:

    > The bar at the bottom of my screen disappears,(just like that) and the only
    > way to get it back is by placing my mouse at the bottom of the screen and it
    > comes back...Any ideas on how I can keep it in view. Thanks

    That would be the Windows taskbar (assuming you are using Windows but
    you never did mention your operating system).

    Once you unhide the Windows taskbar, right-click on it, select
    Properties, and under the Taskbar tab then disable the "Auto-hide the
    taskbar" option.

    VanguardLH, Nov 2, 2009
  4. David Jones

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:52:50 -0000, "David Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >The bar at the bottom of my screen disappears,(just like that) and the only
    >way to get it back is by placing my mouse at the bottom of the screen and it
    >comes back...Any ideas on how I can keep it in view. Thanks

    Contrary to what the other respondents wrote. I think you have "auto hide"
    the taskbar enabled. Right click on it, select "properties", Taskbar tab >
    uncheck Auto-hide the taskbar.

    G. Morgan, Nov 2, 2009
  5. "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:52:50 -0000, "David Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>The bar at the bottom of my screen disappears,(just like that) and the
    >>only
    >>way to get it back is by placing my mouse at the bottom of the screen and
    >>it
    >>comes back...Any ideas on how I can keep it in view. Thanks

    > Contrary to what the other respondents wrote. I think you have "auto
    > hide"
    > the taskbar enabled. Right click on it, select "properties", Taskbar tab
    > >

    > uncheck Auto-hide the taskbar.

    ^ I second that.

    'Bottom', 'just like that' .. I thought a Tommy Cooper gag was coming!

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Nov 2, 2009
  6. David Jones

    sandy58 Guest

    On Nov 2, 10:37 pm, "Zu Arsschlaark!" <>
    wrote:
    > "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message

    > > On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:52:50 -0000, "David Jones"
    > > <> wrote:

    > >>The bar at the bottom of my screen disappears,(just like that)  and the
    > >>only
    > >>way to get it back is by placing my mouse at the bottom of the screen and
    > >>it
    > >>comes back...Any ideas on how I can keep it in view.  Thanks

    > > Contrary to what the other respondents wrote.  I think you have "auto
    > > hide"
    > > the taskbar enabled.  Right click on it, select "properties", Taskbar tab

    > > uncheck Auto-hide the taskbar.

    > ^ I second that.
    >
    > 'Bottom', 'just like that' .. I thought a Tommy Cooper gag was coming!

    LOL! He was good, tho'.

    sandy58, Nov 2, 2009