    prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    but I know you all arent perfect. ;)

    Jim

    Jim, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Jim

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:14:32 -0500, Jim <> wrote:

    >It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life easier.
    >Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting. I would still
    >prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    >but I know you all arent perfect. ;)
    >
    >Jim

    Were you called Debbie before your sex change ?
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Jim

    N1POP Guest

    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    N1POP, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Do what YOU prefer !

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Jim

    Peter Guest

    I agree with you, I never have understood the logic behind bottom
    posting. However I habitually bottom post where this is expected.

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 7, 2004

    David Postill, Jan 7, 2004
  7. Jim

    Ant Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote...
    > It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life
    > easier.

    No they ain't.

    > Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting.

    That can be just as bad if you don't snip sensibly.

    > I would still prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll
    > in my preview pane,

    If people quote properly there is no problem.

    > but I know you all arent perfect. ;)

    This group is better than some.

    Ant, Jan 7, 2004
  8. Jim

    Ant Guest

    "David Postill" <> wrote...

    [snip]
    > and are sigs are compliant with the standard.

    [snip]
    > - --

    Except when their PGP mangles them!

    Ant, Jan 7, 2004
  9. Jim

    Bit Twister Guest

    Bit Twister, Jan 7, 2004
  10. Jim

    Ant Guest

    "Bit Twister" <> wrote...

    > Would wanting to post please read the following
    > results from about 1,820,000+ top posting responses found at
    > <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=top+posting&spell=1>
    > so as not to repeat anyone.

    1,920,000 at this moment.

    Not sure why you replied to my post, as I quote correctly by replying
    to points inline (underneath them), and snipping where appropriate.

    When I reply to one whole short message such as this, it looks like
    I'm bottom feeding^W posting.

    So there :)

    Ant, Jan 7, 2004

    David Postill, Jan 7, 2004
  12. Jim

    Jim Guest

    N1POP Wasted my time by saying: on 1/6/2004 7:43 PM:
    > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
    > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    > Jim wrote:
    >

    >>It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life easier.
    >>Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting. I would still
    >>prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    >>but I know you all arent perfect. ;)
    >>
    >>Jim

    The order wouldnt be messed up if everyone top posted. It just makes it
    easier in the preview pane. Either way is fine if everyone follows the
    same rules. I am lazy.

    Jim

    Jim, Jan 7, 2004
  13. Jim

    Leythos Guest

    In article <hTTKb.49$>, says...
    [snip]
    > The order wouldnt be messed up if everyone top posted. It just makes it
    > easier in the preview pane. Either way is fine if everyone follows the
    > same rules. I am lazy.

    I bottom post, that's just the way it's suppose to be. What drives me
    nuts is the people that don't know how to [SNIP] the unnecessary parts
    to shorten a post - they leave ALL the content and just add to it.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jan 7, 2004
  14. In article <>,
    David Postill <> wrote:
    >Actually those of us who bottom post are perfect:

    But you didn't bottom post: you (quite correctly) interleaved post,
    which is the ONE TRUE IDEAL, mainly because it encourages people to actually
    edit down the included text.

    Bottom posters include the entire text of the message before they add
    their new text to the bottom. I prefer them to top posters because it
    is easier to see that they are clueless (the entire first page is just
    inclusion).

    Craig

    Craig A. Finseth, Jan 7, 2004
  15. Jim

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:54:07 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <hTTKb.49$>, says...
    >[snip]
    >> The order wouldnt be messed up if everyone top posted. It just makes it
    >> easier in the preview pane. Either way is fine if everyone follows the
    >> same rules. I am lazy.

    >I bottom post, that's just the way it's suppose to be. What drives me
    >nuts is the people that don't know how to [SNIP] the unnecessary parts
    >to shorten a post - they leave ALL the content and just add to it.

    I agree with that :)
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jan 7, 2004
  16. Jim

    Bert Byfield Guest

    > It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life easier.
    > Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting. I would still
    > prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    > but I know you all arent perfect. ;)

    Bottom posting is correct. You prevent unnecessary scrolling by trimming
    away everything that is no longer relevant to the discussion, leaving only
    whatever material is needed to understand the flow of thoughts.
    A possible exception to this is a complex transaction where ALL the
    history is needed because you may be talking to a new/unknown person about
    something. Then you should post your message followed by a break line with
    the rest marked as "HISTORY."
    All else blocks communication.

    Bert Byfield, Jan 7, 2004

    David Postill, Jan 7, 2004
  18. Jim

    Dazz Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:14:32 -0500, Jim <> wrote:

    >It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life easier.
    >Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting. I would still
    >prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    >but I know you all arent perfect. ;)

    Thanks for proving that you are an absolute fuckhead.

    I bet your parents are really dissapointed.

    Dazz

    Dazz, Jan 8, 2004
  19. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Dazz Wasted my time by saying: on 1/8/2004 7:17 AM:
    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:14:32 -0500, Jim <> wrote:
    >

    >>It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life easier.
    >>Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting. I would still
    >>prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    >>but I know you all arent perfect. ;)

    > Thanks for proving that you are an absolute fuckhead.
    >
    > I bet your parents are really dissapointed.
    >
    > Dazz
    >

    >>Jim

    Thanks Dazz. Your mom looked over her should as I was fucking her in the
    ass and said she is very proud of you. You are a lucky guy.

    Plus, I havent lived with my parents for a long long time kid.

    Jim

    Jim, Jan 8, 2004
  20. Jim

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:17:57 +1000, Dazz <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:14:32 -0500, Jim <> wrote:
    >
    >>It appears people are going to start top posting to make my life easier.
    >>Therefore, I am giving up and will start bottom posting. I would still
    >>prefer everyone top post so I wouldnt have to scroll in my preview pane,
    >>but I know you all arent perfect. ;)

    >Thanks for proving that you are an absolute fuckhead.
    >
    >I bet your parents are really dissapointed.
    >
    >Dazz

    Lets be fair Dazz, the guy started and fueled the longest thread
    in a.c.s for some time that was vaguely on topic. The second
    trolling attempt at it with 'top posting' is not nearly as successful
    but he has you going.

    HINT: Jim <> visit demon.local and post something with a
    signature of six lines and see what happens ...

    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jan 8, 2004