Boston: invitation to VoIP presentation

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by BOSTON NETWORK USERS GROUP, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Of possible interest to those of you located in the greater Boston area:

    BNUG: BOSTON NETWORK USERS GROUP
    ------------------------------------
    OCTOBER MONTHLY MEETING

    VOICE OVER I.P. (VoIP) NETWORKS
    THE TECHNOLOGY OF INTERNET TELEPHONY

    Join BNUG on Tuesday October 12 as we discuss the state-of-the-art Voice
    over IP (VoIP) technologies and practices. Our discussion will begin with
    a brief overview of the current state of telephony, then cover network
    transformation, concentrating on the latest technology available to enable
    Voice over IP. We'll cover technical considerations when implementing VoIP
    solutions, including transport protocols supporting VoIP today, data network
    preparedness, and voice quality considerations. The session will wrap up
    with a Q-and-A session and live demonstrations of VoIP using Nortel Networks
    VoIP equipment.

    Whether you're new to this VoIP thing and want to learn what it's all about,
    or you're an experienced VoIPer, you'll find this meeting informative,
    exciting, and very useful. VoIP is here to stay; come learn about and see
    for yourself the state of the industry.

    The meeting will be held starting at 6:30pm (for munchies/networking; meeting
    at 7pm) on October 12, 2004 at Nortel Networks' 600 Technology Park Drive,
    Billerica, MA office. For directions, visit http://www.bnug.org/nortel.htm.
    The meeting is free and reservations not necessary.

    Join us at Nortel Networks' office in at 600 Technology Park Drive in
    Billerica, Massachusetts, just off Concord Road near the intersection
    of Concord Road and Route 3. Beginning at 6:30 PM, meet old friends
    and make new ones over refreshments. The meeting will start at 7:00 PM
    and run no later than 9:00pm.

    For detailed directions, visit http://www.bnug.org/nortel.htm
    The meeting is free and reservations not necessary.

    BNUG meets the second Tuesday of every month.
    Our motto is "Free Stuff!" And in that sprit, our meetings
    and our membership dues are free -- and refreshments are served.
    If you wish to join, are interested in more information, or need
    directions to our meeting place, please visit our web site at:

    http://www.bnug.org/

    The Greater Boston Network Users Group is a 501c(3) non profit corporation run
    entirely by volunteers. BNUG is dedicated to helping members understand, use,
    and manage computer networks, large and small. BNUG has been serving network
    users and administrators in Boston and New England for over 16 years.
    Membership is and has always been free.
    BOSTON NETWORK USERS GROUP, Oct 5, 2004