    work sits immediately behind me and on boring days it's hard to keep
    looking busy.

    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Matty F Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    > Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that, when
    > you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something that
    > looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever, it was
    > also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

    How about:
    http://tinypic.com/6o0dp0.jpg

    Matty F, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    > Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that, when
    > you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something that
    > looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever, it was
    > also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.
    >
    > I can't for the life of me remember this site's address. It may have
    > been mentioned here, or in Netguide, or somewhere else that posters here
    > might have seen it, so I thought I'd check in case it rings any bells.
    > Searching for "excel boss spreadsheet, etc" hasn't turned it up.
    >
    > If anyone can recommend such a site, I'd be really grateful - my boss at
    > work sits immediately behind me and on boring days it's hard to keep
    > looking busy.
    >
    > Jo

    A verry long time ago I had a wee proggie on the amiga that with a hot
    key vilola spread sheet and the works would pop up also it was a screen
    saver too

    Robert Cooze, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Matty F wrote:
    > Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    >
    >> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,
    >> when you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something
    >> that looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever,
    >> it was also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

    > How about:
    > http://tinypic.com/6o0dp0.jpg

    No no, this is a site that turns the actual URL into a spreadsheet look.
    It's easy enough to alt-tab when the boss arrives, but my boss sits
    behind me permanently so it needs to a full-time disguise.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Matty F Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    > Matty F wrote:
    >
    >> Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,
    >>> when you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something
    >>> that looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever,
    >>> it was also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

    >> How about:
    >> http://tinypic.com/6o0dp0.jpg
    >>

    > No no, this is a site that turns the actual URL into a spreadsheet look.
    > It's easy enough to alt-tab when the boss arrives, but my boss sits
    > behind me permanently so it needs to a full-time disguise.

    Ah that's clever, for text. For some reason I was assuming that
    you were looking at pictures :)

    Matty F, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Matty F <> wrote in news:jKbye.12713$U4.1545558
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,

    Google turned this up, looks like there might be something close if you
    poke around a bit
    http://www.donsbosspage.com/promote.shtml

    Some of it didn't like my Firefox, IE was ok.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Dave Taylor wrote:

    > Matty F <> wrote in news:jKbye.12713$U4.1545558
    > @news.xtra.co.nz:
    >

    >>Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,

    > Google turned this up, looks like there might be something close if you
    > poke around a bit
    > http://www.donsbosspage.com/promote.shtml
    >
    > Some of it didn't like my Firefox, IE was ok.

    Yes, I'd found that page also when Googling. Nearly but not quite the
    one I'm looking for. Thanks for posting.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 6, 2005