    serial number when (and I assume it will) the installation asks for my code?

    Any replies welcome.

    Thanks
    Gary Glencross, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Gary Glencross

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Gary Glencross" <> wrote in
    news:c27l7n$13g$:

    > A friend has an XP disk. Can I use his for this purpose and input my
    > own serial number when (and I assume it will) the installation asks
    > for my code?

    In theory, yes.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Gary Glencross

    Plato Guest

    Gary Glencross wrote:

    > I have a legitimate preinstalled copy of Windows XP on my computer. Recently
    > the machine ran out of hard disk space when I was downloading stuff
    > overnight. It then wiped all my Restore points and did funny things to the
    > machine.
    >
    > I wrote in here a couple of weeks ago for advice on how to fix this. It was

    Hopefully the suggesstion was to get a hard disk of the size suitable
    for the OS you want to run. That's the real fix.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Gary Glencross

    Michael-NC Guest

    Yes, as long as it's the same version. Plato voiced some concerns about disc
    capacity, I suggest you listen to whatever advice he offered you about this
    issue.

    "Gary Glencross" <> wrote in message
    > Don't all gasp at the one time.
    >
    > I have a legitimate preinstalled copy of Windows XP on my computer.

    Recently
    > the machine ran out of hard disk space when I was downloading stuff
    > overnight. It then wiped all my Restore points and did funny things to the
    > machine.
    >
    > I wrote in here a couple of weeks ago for advice on how to fix this. It

    was
    > suggested I get a hold of an XP disk from the manufacturer (the disk I

    have
    > is simply one that will wipe and reset everything) and install XP again

    over

    Michael-NC, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Gary Glencross

    George Guest

    It used to be (and may still be) an issue of acquiring a disk for the same
    license TYPE (OEM or retail box) as your product key is for.

    George

    George, Mar 5, 2004