    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Jul 31, 2006

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

    Rimu Atkinson, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Rimu Atkinson wrote:

    > Shane wrote:
    >> I am doing C sharp for my second semester comp.lang (I mention c++ every
    >> class though!)
    >> Try as I might I cant install the borland c sharp trial edition ide (its
    >> a suite but I only want the c sharp bit)
    >> Anyone had any success?
    >>

    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

    Yeah, got a copy of that (and its installed) from a presentation Microsoft
    gave at the beginning of the year.

    But, the good news about this wonderful new portable language. is its not
    portable across compilers
    Or Operating systems for that matter (there is the mono project that
    provides some of the .net component, but there are patent issues putting
    mono in a grey area, and its incomplete)

    Class is done on the borland compiler, Im reliably informed that next years
    classes will be done on the Microsoft C sharp compiler, which is little to
    no help for me :)

    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Shane

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <eak46d$g5f$>, -a-geek.net
    says...

    > I am doing C sharp for my second semester comp.lang (I mention c++ every
    > class though!)
    > Try as I might I cant install the borland c sharp trial edition ide (its a
    > suite but I only want the c sharp bit)
    > Anyone had any success?

    Perhaps you should remove vstudio? And posting to the borland
    newsgroups might get you some answers.

    (PS: 'scrazy they're teaching borland C# when everyone (well everyone I
    know) is using vstudio)

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 31, 2006
  5. Shane

    jay Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <eak46d$g5f$>, -a-geek.net
    > says...
    > >
    > > I am doing C sharp for my second semester comp.lang (I mention c++ every
    > > class though!)
    > > Try as I might I cant install the borland c sharp trial edition ide (its a
    > > suite but I only want the c sharp bit)
    > > Anyone had any success?

    > Perhaps you should remove vstudio? And posting to the borland
    > newsgroups might get you some answers.
    >
    > (PS: 'scrazy they're teaching borland C# when everyone (well everyone I
    > know) is using vstudio)

    We (MIT) dropped the Borland tools because it was way more costly for
    licensing than the Microsoft tools, and we couldn't give them away free
    to the students.

    MSDNAA is great, no stupid license restrictions and the tools can be
    given away to enrolled students.

    jay, Jul 31, 2006