    I upgraded from 2000 to XP Pro using New Installation. When I boot I
    still have an option of booting with 2000 which I don't want. How do I
    get rid of that option? Would appreciate any help.
    john, Dec 29, 2004

  2. john

    Unk Guest

    On 29 Dec 2004 11:12:29 -0800, "john" <> wrote:

    >I upgraded from 2000 to XP Pro using New Installation. When I boot I
    >still have an option of booting with 2000 which I don't want. How do I
    >get rid of that option? Would appreciate any help.

    Remove it from the boot.ini file.

    Sample XP boot.ini

    [boot loader]
    timeout=3
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
    /fastdetect
    Unk, Dec 29, 2004

  3. john

    Kenny Guest

    Run MSCONFIG and on the BOOT.INI tab "check all boot paths" to remove
    invalid ones.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Dec 29, 2004