    Apparently I was mistaken in thinking BOOTP and DHCP were pretty much
    identical.

    Anyone with any ideas?

    IHateSpam, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Assuming its on the same VLAN, the switch will just forward the broadcast.
    You don't need to do anything else. I would like at the printers; I can't
    tell you how many problems I used to have with HP printers trying to get
    DHCP. The config you put in there is for the dns server; it just controls
    dns lookups from the command line. It doesn't have anything to do with DHCP
    or BOOTP.

    Craig Johnson, CCIE #6965

    Craig Johnson, Mar 2, 2004