    Programmes...
    Any suggestions on a quick and reliable method of speeding the damn thing
    up.........
    Billy, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Billy

    Boomer Guest

    "Billy" <> wrote in
    news:bqe2cv$22a0j8$-berlin.de:

    > A friend has a PC runing Windows 95.
    > Almost no day to day maintenance or cleaning has been done on it.
    > 256 MB of Ram and I suspect a Pentium 2 of about 1 Gb.
    > One could get half way through War and Peace whilst waiting for
    > the thing to boot up.
    > That is of course if one didnt succumb to deafness first due to
    > the incessant whirring,whizzing and clicking from the HDD.
    > I suspect it is running the entire Microsofty Back Catalogue of
    > Runing Programmes...
    > Any suggestions on a quick and reliable method of speeding the
    > damn thing up.........

    Mentioned here a few times...

    °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"

    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun
    Boomer, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Billy

    Rob K Guest

    "Billy" a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
    > A friend has a PC runing Windows 95.
    > Almost no day to day maintenance or cleaning has been done on it.
    > 256 MB of Ram and I suspect a Pentium 2 of about 1 Gb.

    1 Gigabyte ... oh never mind ... ;-)

    busrage.com is a valid domain.
    So either you're posting with a valid e-mail address, or you're causing
    trouble (spam !) to others ....

    Read this:

    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 1, 2003