    This message (the above two sentences) comes when the computer is about to
    boot up and the system doesn't respond afterwards.

    Please help

    Ib, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Ib

    Unk Guest

    What program, and what OS???

    Unk, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Ib

    °Mike° Guest

    See if this helps:

    Windows XP Stops Responding at the Welcome Screen
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294427

    On 27 Jan 2004 19:38:57 -0800, in
    <>
    Ib scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Ib

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Ib

    docmill Guest

    (Ib) wrote in

    > My PC got crashed (probably was shut down with programs running). I
    > don't know what to do because it doesn't boot up. I get the follwing
    > every time I restart or turn it back on:
    >
    > "The system could not be restarted from its previous location due to a
    > read failure."
    >
    > "Delete restored data and proceed to system boot menu"
    >
    > This message (the above two sentences) comes when the computer is
    > about to boot up and the system doesn't respond afterwards.
    >
    > Please help

    Try boot up in Safe Mode, open and close a couple of programs such as
    explorer and then reboot. If that doesn't help you could boot into safe
    mode again and do a sys restore.
    Or this......

    Start your computer in Safe Mode(F8) with Command Prompt

    At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and
    press ENTER

    Follow instructions to restore to a previous, functional state

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jan 28, 2004
  6. Ib

    Miggsee Guest

    <burp> ;)~

    Miggsee, Jan 28, 2004
  7. Ib

    °Mike° Guest

    Pardon me! :)

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:03:21 -0500, in
    <bv8ffb$oullo$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  8. Ib

    Ib Guest

    docmill <> wrote in message news:<Xns947DC64F19FC9nospam4docmillspamgo@216.168.3.44>...
    > (Ib) wrote in
    >
    > > My PC got crashed (probably was shut down with programs running). I
    > > don't know what to do because it doesn't boot up. I get the follwing
    > > every time I restart or turn it back on:
    > >
    > > "The system could not be restarted from its previous location due to a
    > > read failure."
    > >
    > > "Delete restored data and proceed to system boot menu"
    > >
    > > This message (the above two sentences) comes when the computer is
    > > about to boot up and the system doesn't respond afterwards.
    > >
    > > Please help

    > Try boot up in Safe Mode, open and close a couple of programs such as
    > explorer and then reboot. If that doesn't help you could boot into safe
    > mode again and do a sys restore.
    > Or this......
    >
    > Start your computer in Safe Mode(F8) with Command Prompt
    >
    > At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and
    > press ENTER
    >
    > Follow instructions to restore to a previous, functional state

    Things have worked OK now. The F8 part which the computer also prompts
    you to do helped me --- but it worked right before I got the error
    message or before the computer locked up. Otherwise F8 or no F8 there
    would have been no response. But the tip was a great help. Thanks
    much.

    Ib

    Ib, Jan 29, 2004