    (CD rom is set to first boot device in BIOS)

    Cheers

    Fogler
    Fogler, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Fogler

    William Guest

    On my PC, when I want to boot from the XP CD.....my machine only gives me
    about 5sec...to select any key to boot from CD....you have to be quick to
    notice the prompt, and to hit any key ! You're not missing the prompt are
    you ???

    William, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Fogler

    Patrick Guest

    Fogler wrote:
    > Hi guys, anyone know why I cant boot from my windows XP pro CD
    > (CD rom is set to first boot device in BIOS)
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Fogler

    Have you observed that when trying to boot from CD, a message will be
    displayed, asking 'Do you want to boot from CD', this is on a ~10 second
    timer. If a key is not pressed within the time-out period then the CD will
    be skipped.
    Patrick, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Fogler

    Jono Guest

    Fogler wrote:
    || Hi guys, anyone know why I cant boot from my windows XP pro CD
    || (CD rom is set to first boot device in BIOS)
    || Cheers
    || Fogler

    Is it actually a boot CD?
    Jono, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Fogler

    cabinboy Guest

    Windows XP Professional is a bootable CD
    Try setting all options in BIOS to Boot from CD and don't miss the message
    "Press any key to boot from CD"

    cabinboy, Dec 29, 2003