    can I put a newer IOS in bootflsh: for upgrading purposes.

    I followed ALL the links at cisco that talks about that but couldn't find anything.

    anyone?

    NNTP, Nov 18, 2004

  2. NNTP

    NNTP Guest

    Re: bootflash vs. sup-bootflash (answered) (sucky design)

    did some more digging and found this from cisco website,

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_release_note09186a008019e1e9.html

    Note•The MSFC3 does not require a bootloader image.
    •You can boot MSFC3 images from bootflash, sup-disk0, sup-disk1, or
    sup-bootflash.

    I also found out that you can't upgrade sup-bootflash: since there is
    only one slot. and maximum that cisco makes is 64M. thats a sucky
    design, why would they do that???

    NNTP, Nov 19, 2004