    one in the western united states and was wondering if
    anyone knew of any good training centres.

    Thanks!

    jason, May 12, 2004

  2. jason

    Eric Guest

    jason wrote:

    > Has anyone had/heard of any positive/negative experiences
    > with an MCAD bootcamp? I would be looking at attending
    > one in the western united states and was wondering if
    > anyone knew of any good training centres.

    I can't recommend one, but I can give you some good advice. Most
    reputable boot camps do these things:

    1) They screen people and only take people who can show some experience
    already
    or
    2) They don't guarantee that you'll pass at the end of the class

    If they don't screen people, and they DO give you a guarantee that
    you'll pass at the end of the class, then they're either trying to
    deceive you, or they're teaching you the test directly (against the
    rules imposed by Microsoft).

    If they do guarantee that you'll pass, the terms of their guarantee
    normally don't include a full refund. They normally just refund the
    cost of the test, and not the cost of the class (which is much higher).

    An example: You pay for a class that costs $2000 (or more), you might
    have to pay for plane fare and hotel expenses, you fail the test, then
    they refund $125 for the test.

    Even if you fail it a couple times and they refund each time, they can
    still make a big profit.

    Be careful about the guarantee!

    Eric

    Eric, May 14, 2004