    MCSE bootcamps? If so, is Globalnet Training a CTEC?

    thank you for your time.

    Jay Figer A+, NET+

    Jay Figer, May 12, 2004

  2. Hi Jay

    You will need to ask yourself two questions to determine if you really want to go to a boot camp. I will give you my experience and you can take it from ther

    First quesiton: Are you experienced and just want to get your CERT's
    Second: Are you looking for alot of hands on type teaching

    I have many - a - years in the industry and numerous cert's. I just finished the 2003 boot camp and got my cert's but had no time for LABS or Hands on. I have 2003 in my infrustructure, therefore I can play and go, but for most... they have not upgraded yet

    My first MCSE was a 7 month class which allowed a better environment for someone whom might have less experience. It was based on total lab work and not so much lecture.

    Good luck....

    =?Utf-8?B?Oi0p?=, May 13, 2004

  3. Jay Figer

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:40:46 -0700, "Jay Figer"
    <> wrote:

    >I am considering a bootcamp to obtain an MCSE. I couldn't
    >find the name of the company (Globalnet Training) in the
    >CTEC search page.
    >
    > - What is Microsoft's opinion of MCSE bootcamps?

    Officially, none. If they teach the MOC, then they teach the MOC.

    > - Does Microsoft grant CTEC status to companies that run
    >MCSE bootcamps?

    Sure. A CTEC isn't indicative of the training process.

    >If so, is Globalnet Training a CTEC?

    If they're on the list. Why not ask them?

    Note that most of the bootcamp curriculums are *not* the MOC but that
    doesn't make them any less valid a training option. Also be aware
    that a total novice will waste his money on a boot camp, they're great
    for those with some experience prepping for an exam series, but poor
    at actual training. No time available. When the instructor says
    "Create a user named Test on the domain London" you had better know
    how to do that, since he won't stop for questions.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, May 25, 2004
  4. Microsoft does not have official curriculum for one bootcamp. You would
    need to take a series of classes to achieve your objective using MOC which
    is another name for Microsoft Official Curriculum. Only training centers
    who officially use MOC in the classroom can be Certified Learning Partners.

    Also, Microsoft has changed the name from CTEC to Certified Partner Learning
    Solutions or CPLS. By going to the Microsoft site and entering the class
    you are interested in all CPLS sites will populate for you.

    Hope this answers your questions.

    --

    www.techsherpas.com
    813-287-8876