    I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind out the
    latest certs.

    Thanks

    Win, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Win

    Consultant Guest

    if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?

    Consultant, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Win

    cadman Guest

    He didn't say he was a pro.

    cadman, Dec 4, 2003
  4. cadman wrote:
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >> "Win" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone recommend a good MCSE bootcamp for experienced Windows
    >>> pros ?
    >>>
    >>> I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind
    >>> out the latest certs.

    >> if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?

    > He didn't say he was a pro.

    I dunno, cadman... I've read and re-read the OP several times. How can you
    NOT get that the guy has stated he's a pro? Are you suggesting that he's
    asking specifically for a bootcamp for pro's, yet even though he's already
    NT and 2k certified, and he wants to "get away", he's not a pro? What does
    he want to get away from, then? Family?

    Perhaps he should have asked for a nice bootcamp for the unemployed?

    --
    Fris "Reading Comprehension 101" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 4, 2003
  5. The day's of "grinding out certs" at boot camps went out with the ark
    (or even with NT4). Sure you can do a boot camp on 2003 and spend 3
    weeks in the class room and pass the exams but guess what ?

    You'll still need to put in over 100 hours in the lab running through
    course material (home study) before passing a mock exam or two before
    being allowed on the course in the first place so for "boot camp" read
    home study and intense 3 week revision session.

    Boot camps are no short cut to pass the exams you gotta know the stuff
    and to know the stuff you gotta put in the hours at the screen.
    Focussing for 3 weeks and getting the exams out of the way is the only
    benefit but it may still take you 6 months to be ready for the course.

    NT4 Boot camps really diluted the skills pool and hence Consultant's
    comment. I take it that you are not expecting someone who knows the
    material to sit the exam for you and that you really want to know this
    stuff ?

    A quality boot camp to focus you on the exams may be the perfect thing
    for a busy professional but dont kid yourself you'll have to know the
    suff and/or give up weekends and evenings like the rest of us to pass
    the certs.

    Which country are you in ?

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Win

    cadman Guest

    I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little bootcamp
    getaway....

    cadman, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Win

    cadman Guest

    Excuse me, that was "grind", not rub. Hmmmm

    cadman, Dec 4, 2003
  8. Win

    Consultant Guest

    well, you go rub with him then, lol

    Consultant, Dec 4, 2003
  9. Win

    cadman Guest

    From what I read about you, that sounds more like your area of expertise.

    LOL to ya

    > well, you go rub with him then, lol
    >
    > "cadman" <> wrote in message
    > > I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little

    bootcamp
    > > getaway....
    > >
    > > "Frisbee® MCNGP" <> wrote in message

    message

    cadman, Dec 4, 2003
  10. Win

    Consultant Guest

    only if it's with a female

    Consultant, Dec 4, 2003
  11. Win

    kooltrade223 Guest

    Hi,

    I tested successfully after taking a bootcamp from Unitek ... u ca
    visit www.unitek.com

    they have 2 instructors who are real brains

    kooltrade22

    kooltrade223, Dec 4, 2003
  12. Win

    Win Guest

    By "get away " I mean to an offiste traning company where I can be immersed
    in training for about two weeks 16 hours a day. Otherwise I just dont have
    the time. My company is encouraging the certs and will even let me study
    onsite but that just doesnt happen, too busy. In the past i self studied
    through MCSE certs at home in the evenings but no longer have that luxury.
    Grind, cram, whatever it takes. Main goal for me at this time is the cert.
    Cert = endgame.

    Win, Dec 5, 2003
  13. Win

    Win Guest

    Thank you. I'll take a look at them

    Win, Dec 5, 2003
  14. Win

    Win Guest

    "Marlin Munrow" <> wrote in message
    > The day's of "grinding out certs" at boot camps went out with the ark
    > (or even with NT4). Sure you can do a boot camp on 2003 and spend 3
    > weeks in the class room and pass the exams but guess what ?

    Stop right here. I want to spend 2-3 weeks and pass the certs.
    Thats what this post is about. Nothing more nothing less

    I've had 2003 in quite a nice lab at work for a long time now and have spent
    100s of hours
    with it and will spend 1000s of more hours with it.

    >Which country are you in ?

    USA

    ?

    Win, Dec 5, 2003
  15. Win

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Stop right here. I want to spend 2-3 weeks and pass the certs.
    > Thats what this post is about. Nothing more nothing less

    Bootcamp will not help you. See below.

    > I've had 2003 in quite a nice lab at work for a long time now and have

    spent
    > 100s of hours
    > with it and will spend 1000s of more hours with it.

    100s of hours (with more to come) of "real" experience with the product
    should be sufficient if you're already a professional on both NT and 2000.
    2003 is a whole new product, but it's not so different that you need to
    spend 10 years learning it if you already know NT and 2000. Spending 2
    weeks having someone tell you about the product is no match for diving in,
    hands on work with it. Continue to do this, and get yourself a book or two.
    MS Press, Sybex, and a host of others publish excellent books for people in
    your situation. (that is, ones who know Windows, but need to get caught up
    on the newest features of the newest product).

    > >Which country are you in ?

    > USA

    WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES! MAY I SEE YOUR GREEN CARD?

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 5, 2003
  16. Ooooh You *are* a "card"!

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 6, 2003
  17. I still stand by what I said in the first place.

    I dont believe that anyone can (or should) pass the exams without
    knowing the material. All you would do by working 16 hours a day for 3
    weeks would be to cram your short-term memory meaning the first pretty
    girl (or boy - dont know your orientation) that walked past and youd
    have lost the lot.

    Boot camps are still effective ways to learn provided that you follow
    a structured study approach of at least 100 hours before starting the
    course.

    To do a boot camp as you want cant possibly give you the knowledge to
    pass the exams and then to pass a technical interview with people like
    me. I wouldnt bother getting the paper like you suggest it aint
    worth it down the line when you gotta pay in an interview.

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 6, 2003
  18. =?Utf-8?B?bmVkZHJlYWQ=?=, Dec 19, 2003