    in BIOS.
    Any assistance appreciated
    ross

    ross, Mar 16, 2006

  2. ross

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:01:35 +1000, ross wrote:

    > I have just been gived about a dozen CDs which are
    > supposed to be mixed OSs, both Windows & Linux.
    > Is there any easy and quick way to establish if they are
    > really bootable rather than trying to do an install each
    > and every time? I tried the first one and the computer
    > skipped over the boot from CD even though it is setup
    > in BIOS.
    > Any assistance appreciated
    > ross

    Look at the files in the root and the directory structure of a known
    bootable then compare to the rest.

    Meat Plow, Mar 16, 2006

  3. ross

    Plato Guest

    ross wrote:

    You often have to take special care when burning bootable cds from isos.
    This included burning at a slow speed and turning off all your
    background apps off in advance.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 16, 2006
  4. ross

    ronald price Guest

    You could always try setting the boot sequence to boot from the cd drive
    first. It should then give you the option to boot from disk. If it does then
    I guess the disks are ok

    ronald price, Mar 17, 2006
  5. ross

    Sucuba Dude Guest

    "ronald price" <> wrote in message
    : You could always try setting the boot sequence to boot from the cd
    drive
    : first. It should then give you the option to boot from disk. If it
    does then
    : I guess the disks are ok
    :
    And then saving the settings help ;-) I find that if all else fails
    set every boot option to cd rom and effectively patch out the hard
    drive. If this fails then your cd rom is not bootable!

    Sucuba Dude, Mar 17, 2006