Bootable CD

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?VGhlRmx5aW5nU2NvdHNtYW4=?=, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto a cd,
    problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlRmx5aW5nU2NvdHNtYW4=?=, Jun 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlRmx5aW5nU2NvdHNtYW4=?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Yeah, make a coaster out of that disk, and use your CD burning program to
    BURN AN IMAGE FROM THE ISO!!!

    "TheFlyingScotsman" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    M. Murcek, Jun 8, 2005

  3. No, you are not suppose to extract the ISO, here are the instructions on how
    to burn an ISO:

    you have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad
    way
    to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
    installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

    Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005
  4. TheFlyingScotsman <> wrote:
    > I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto
    > a cd, problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

    Yes, it's a ISO File, you do not have to extract the files. Just use Nero or
    any other CDburner software and burn the image.
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 8, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlRmx5aW5nU2NvdHNtYW4=?=

    Rick Guest

    Where did you get the idea you were supposed to "extract the files" from
    an .ISO?

    The only thing you're supposed to do with an .ISO is use an appropriate
    software, like Nero Burning ROM, that "burns image to disc." The .ISO
    is a mirror image of the original CD and all you have to do is burn it
    to a CD so that the image is transferred to your CD.

    Rick, Jun 8, 2005