    that packard bell put on the cd but just cannot get it on.

    Any help is greatly appreciated
    Regards Louis

    Louis, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Louis

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Louis" <> wrote in message
    news:c112db$1csh4r$-berlin.de...
    > I have a Packard Bell. It has to two restore disks to put the system on

    it.
    > I have just fdisked the HD as it had a load of junk on. I made a boot up
    > floppy from my other pc using Win 98. Now problem is I cannot get the PB

    > run. I have put the CD in the drive and the boot up floppy when I try to

    go
    > to the CD drive in the dos prompt and type SETUP all i get is CDR101:not
    > ready reading drive E Abort Retry Fail
    >
    > I am a bit of a novice at this but just wanted the OS on with all the junk
    > that packard bell put on the cd but just cannot get it on.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated
    > Regards Louis

    Have you checked in the BIOS to determine that the CD drive is recognized on
    the IDE controller? Have you set up your booting sequence in the
    BIOS?(floppy first, CD drive second).

    Mark Mandell, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Louis

    colin Guest

    Louis <> wrote in message
    > I have a Packard Bell. It has to two restore disks to put the system on

    it.
    > I have just fdisked the HD as it had a load of junk on. I made a boot up
    > floppy from my other pc using Win 98. Now problem is I cannot get the PB

    > run. I have put the CD in the drive and the boot up floppy when I try to

    go
    > to the CD drive in the dos prompt and type SETUP all i get is CDR101:not
    > ready reading drive E Abort Retry Fail
    >
    > I am a bit of a novice at this but just wanted the OS on with all the junk
    > that packard bell put on the cd but just cannot get it on.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated
    > Regards Louis

    If this is a laptop that you`re trying to install; then it would have a
    pcmcia cdrom; which isn`t (normally) accessible from a win98 bootdisk.
    This bootdisk should give you access.
    http://tinyurl.com/ypojn

    colin

    colin, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Louis

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in news:c143n2$1dqq41$1@ID-
    124875.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > If this is a laptop that you`re trying to install; then it would have a
    > pcmcia cdrom; which isn`t (normally) accessible from a win98 bootdisk.

    That isn't always true. My laptop has an IDE CD drive.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 21, 2004