    During boot up I have a window asking if I windows XP or Windows. I want to
    boot from Windows XP how do I do this.

    Thanks Mike

    Mike, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Mike

    °Mike° Guest

    IMPORTANT: Make a backup of your c:\boot.ini file FIRST.

    Now open up your c:\boot.ini file in notepad; it should
    look *something* like this:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"
    /fastdetect
    C:\="Microsoft Windows 98"

    Change the "timeout=xx" to timeout=0 (that's zero).
    This will boot into your default without waiting for a keypress.

    HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:43:37 +0100, in
    <sBgHc.4172$>
    Mike scrawled: