    a separate AGP graphics card(GeForce 3 Ti500). Could it be a problem with
    the motherboard?. It will always power up after a few "resets" and then runs
    fine? Any ideas on what could cause this?. Any help will be appreciated. :)
    ardz, Dec 19, 2005

  2. ardz

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:48:30 +1300, ardz wrote:

    > I have on older PC that wont do anything(not even beep)on power up 90% of
    > the time. Even the monitor remains on Standby. It takes a push of the reset
    > button to get it to beep and then load windows normally. Its a P3 1Ghz
    > machine running Win XP Home on a Gigabyte motherboard with 768 Megs RAM and
    > a separate AGP graphics card(GeForce 3 Ti500). Could it be a problem with
    > the motherboard?. It will always power up after a few "resets" and then runs
    > fine? Any ideas on what could cause this?. Any help will be appreciated. :)

    Tried the mobo et al in another case?
    Sounds suspiciously like a crap Power Switch
    Shane, Dec 19, 2005

  3. ardz

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <esnpf.8859$>,
    says...
    > I have on older PC that wont do anything(not even beep)on power up 90% of
    > the time. Even the monitor remains on Standby. It takes a push of the reset
    > button to get it to beep and then load windows normally. Its a P3 1Ghz
    > machine running Win XP Home on a Gigabyte motherboard with 768 Megs RAM and
    > a separate AGP graphics card(GeForce 3 Ti500). Could it be a problem with
    > the motherboard?. It will always power up after a few "resets" and then runs
    > fine? Any ideas on what could cause this?. Any help will be appreciated. :)

    I've come across this prob several times and in all cases it was the PSU
    - power supply.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Dec 19, 2005
  4. ardz

    ardz Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <esnpf.8859$>,
    > says...
    >> I have on older PC that wont do anything(not even beep)on power up 90% of
    >> the time. Even the monitor remains on Standby. It takes a push of the
    >> reset
    >> button to get it to beep and then load windows normally. Its a P3 1Ghz
    >> machine running Win XP Home on a Gigabyte motherboard with 768 Megs RAM
    >> and
    >> a separate AGP graphics card(GeForce 3 Ti500). Could it be a problem with
    >> the motherboard?. It will always power up after a few "resets" and then
    >> runs
    >> fine? Any ideas on what could cause this?. Any help will be appreciated.
    >> :)

    > I've come across this prob several times and in all cases it was the PSU
    > - power supply.
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    So possibly a power switch/supply problem?. Ill have to try it in another
    case/PSU and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
    ardz, Dec 19, 2005
  5. ardz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "ardz" <> wrote in

    > It will always power up after a few "resets" and then runs
    > fine? Any ideas on what could cause this?. Any help will be
    > appreciated. :)

    Weak, under spec power supply will do this. Get more watts

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Dec 19, 2005